AC water valve

-

sorewrist1

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Reinstalling air in my 71 swinger basket case. Got the electrical worked out,now on to vacuum. I think I've got all the vacuum lines on right, except the water valve. The little grommet going thru the fire wall has 2 holes in it. One for the vacuum with no stripe, the vacuum supply, The other with white stripe goes to the water valve. Where does the water valve get the vacuum for the other side of the diaphragm? Do they sneak another line thru the firewall somewhere? Thanks Jim

Look in the AC/ heat section of the factory service manual. You can download 'em free at MyMopar.com Some of them there are due to the efforts of guys on here

I have a 67 Barracuda, so it might be different. On my car, 3 vacuum lines come out of the same hole through the firewall. Two go to the valve, and a third line goes somewhere else.

There should be 3 coming out of the firewall, One goes to the intake nipple to provide vacume and the other 2 go to the diapram on the water valve.

Picture 3806.jpg

Look in the AC/ heat section of the factory service manual. You can download 'em free at MyMopar.com Some of them there are due to the efforts of guys on here
Thanks 273 you posted a couple of wiring diagrams for 73+71 darts that helped a lot. I've got 3 vacuum hose sets all the same. Going thru some old posts some water valves were spring loaded.That would solve everything.

A haaa Three coming thru the firewall. I guess I'll just T off one of the diaphragms that's activated at the same time thanks all Jim
There is a 1" hole and 2 screw holes above the seam over the water valve in the fire wall.Whats supposed to go there?

Can you post a pic of your firewall and valve? It should look like the pic I posted. That is the 67-71/72 a/c

Those holes in the firewall,, Based your description my guess is NOX valve(s) / emissions controlling switches. That's where they put them. The factory service manual should help.

-
Back