Accel ignition question!

-
I have no idea. What do the destructions say?

OH!! HERE they are, now.....

http://prestoliteweb.com/Support/InstructionSheets/ACCELInstructionSheets.aspx

http://prestoliteweb.com/Portals/0/...ructions_points_eliminator_kit_mopar_2030.pdf

I have to admit, their destructions are rather crappy

You have a brown, a green, and a red out of the distributor

You hook the red to coil positive, and hook the ballast resistor to coil positive, and run the other end of the coil resistor to "ignition run" --your original dark blue.

Hook your original (car harness) brown to coil positive.

Your old dark blue, your old dark brown, and the way they are hooked up to the coil and resistor ACTUALLY DO NOT CHANGE

Hook the brown to ground

Hook the green to coil negative

dr0pk.jpg

We connected Red to positive, Green to negatve on the coil and brown to ground! We left the blue from wiring harness connected to positive, and from what I can tell it's in series with the ballast resistor so still no sparky! Do I need to run another wire from positive to the run posistion side of the ballast resistor like in the picture? Hummm These instructions are rather crappy and not really clear about that!

John B.

I really don't know how else to 'xplain.

Your original blue coming from the ign switch through the bulkhead goes to one side of the ballast. This is hot in "run."

The OTHER side of the ballast goes to coil positive.

ALSO going to the coil positive is your original brown, coming from the ign switch, through the bulkhead, to the coil positive It is hot ONLY in START

Everything I described above IS NOT CHANGED from your original wiring.

All you should do is:

Add the red from the Accell to the coil positive, leave everything else that was original

Add the green wire to coil negative, in place of the distributor wire

Add the brown ground from the Accel box to ground.

We did exactly that, left everything on the coil where it was and added the "new" wires from the accel points eliminator. The only wire we did not reuse was from the original points configuration, which you replace when you install the "new" trigger! And we get no spark, so what I am hearing you say is wire it like the diagram and add no extra wiring as per the instructions, That then leads me to believe we have a defective product!

John B.

-
Back