Accel wires not to happy

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
For starters my old 7mm wires had a stright boot to go on my cap and fit real tight.Thease 8mm Accel have the 90 boots and the fit is not all that tight on my cap:angry7:So what gives I did as the directions says.Is there a thicker tower for thease 90 degree boots to fit tighter,last thing is to have one or two wires pop off.Anyone else have this problim?

Sometimes have to spread the metal contact inside the boot with a pair of pliers.

I don't like accel wires, had bad luck with them so has just about everyone else I know.

Sometimes have to spread the metal contact inside the boot with a pair of pliers.

I don't like accel wires, had bad luck with them so has just about everyone else I know.[/QUO This is the first time I had any problims with there wires.

I switched to Taylor Spiro Pros. You'll Love them.

wires.jpg

I used to like Accel --- 30 years ago, now their crap... My local "bumper to bumper" store sales some "standard" brand grey 8mm wires and there cheap, I was totally impressed with them... I remember back in the day standard use to make the blue streak points, only brand of points I'd ever run...

I have used Accel, MSD, Taylor and Moroso wires. They all worked and gave me decent life (actually changed them out after a few years for good measure not because they were bad). I used to be impressed with colored wires but they get crappy looking quick so I just get black these days.

One of the mopar rags did a wire comparison test a number of months ago where they did back to back drag strip runs and there was no performance difference between any of the 10 or so brands they tried.

I currently have Accel 8.8 wires on my 360. I allways get cut to fit wires (like to route them the way I want them) and the verison I purchased have the multi-angle boots for the plug end (allows me to bent the boots for 90 degrees on 5 and 7 so the wire goes under the header tube). Only thing I did notice about these wires is the 90 degree boots for the cap end were very thick making it a tight fit to squeeze a boot between adjacent locations that the wire was already on. The boots themselves fit the towers on the cap quite snuggley.

-
Back