Action Plus, 360, or...?

Which intake for my build (street / performance) 360

• Total voters
-
Sounds like the Weiand is the popular choice and I'd agree! That's a great intake. My curiousity, what Demon carb you running?

The Carb I got is a Demon 625 CFM spread bore, street performance model. I didn't do the research I should have, so I hope it will work well with my 360 / Action Plus. It's real purdy though, polished aluminum, which should be worth 15-20 horse power!

One of those new carbs sorta fashioned after a TQ? And yes it will work, although you will need a spread bore to square bore adapter. If your intake is square bore that is.

Attachments

• square to spread.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 278
The Carb I got is a Demon 625 CFM spread bore, street performance model. I didn't do the research I should have, so I hope it will work well with my 360 / Action Plus. It's real purdy though, polished aluminum, which should be worth 15-20 horse power!

Those are really nice carbs, I have one and it should work great with your combination.

One of those new carbs sorta fashioned after a TQ? And yes it will work, although you will need a spread bore to square bore adapter. If your intake is square bore that is.

The weiand action plus is cut for spreadbores.
I believe he might have one of those spreadbores that fits a standardbore intake anyway.

Yup, you're right, I forgot about that.

Easy to forget details about parts that are not used by everyone and in every magazinearticle.

I believe the Weiand intake is quite a good one,just sadly forgoten in a world where everyone seem to think that LD340 or RPM Airgaps are the only thing worth putting on a engine.

Easy to forget details about parts that are not used by everyone and in every magazinearticle.

I believe the Weiand intake is quite a good one,just sadly forgoten in a world where everyone seem to think that LD340 or RPM Airgaps are the only thing worth putting on a engine.

The bad part is, lol, I run one! :banghead:

The bad part is, lol, I run one! :banghead:

That is quite impressive especialy since its part of every post you makeLOL,someone once said that the first sign that your memory is.... whait what was the subject again?:blob:

Weiand Action+Plus {#8007}

Dual-Plane / 180* Design / Medium-Rise, with a Spread-Bore Carburetor Base.

Excellent choice for the; late-318, 340 and 360.

A very effective Intake Manifold across the RPM Range. Good power
and Torque from Idle-to-6000 RPM's.

High-flow runners will increase power, even in a mildly built engine.

Preferred for Street Performance Applications.

The mutli-level plenum design seperates adjacent intake-pulses
by alternating planes.

This enhances a strong individual Carburetor signal, that provides
for improved Bottom-End performance.

* Port Size > 1.96" x 1.00"
* Carburetor Height > 5.41"

That Demon 625 CFM Spread-Bore will work great on this Intake.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61XFFU+sn-L._SL1500_.jpg

I voted ld340 but only because the "air gap" wasn't on the list..

The New Demon is not so much a spreadbore but a 3 valve/bbl. carb since the secondary side is just one large opening not wider than a square bore carb mounting pad is or the butterflies of the primary side. This carb can be mounted on a regular square bore intake without an adapter.

I picked up a weiand action plus today :)

looking over the fell-pro gasket kit I picked uo a while ago and I noticed there are 2 styles of intake gaskets
one of them is metal and seems to follow the lines better
the other is carboard like and similar to what I remove but that one has a bunch of extra material on it
both of them have the openings for the heat cross over (ive been told to close them up anyway)

which of these (or what other one) should I use?

-
Back