Ad at the bottom

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
Reaction score
Ive noticed for a week or so that there is an ad that pops up on the bottom of the screen on FABO.

Is this normal? I thought it was no ads for gold members.

20200616_183739.jpg

I'm a Gold Member & I get the ads all of the time. Progressive Insurance, Budget Blinds, ED meds, Reliant Energy, they change every few minutes.

Sorry, Adblocker. Just an annoying black x at the bottom

I do keep hitting the Woodruff Carburetor ad though by mistake

I wonder how it knows so specifically what you might be interested in. I never searched for summer apperal in any search engine and yet that is what came up. Right after I saw the ad for the first time, i made an order with a company ive never heard of before that ad.

It's almost like someone was reading my mind and knew what I would actually order.

Weird

As long as it's only at the bottom I'm cool with them if it helps @Joeychgo ! Even if I am a Gold Member. Lord knows I get a whole lot more than the cost of being gold out of this site!!

That's Google's ad tracking. They keep track of what you search for and target you with similar ads.

I wonder how it knows so specifically what you might be interested in. I never searched for summer apperal in any search engine and yet that is what came up. Right after I saw the ad for the first time, i made an order with a company ive never heard of before that ad.

It's almost like someone was reading my mind and knew what I would actually order.

Weird
Just for fun and I don't know if it works but say something like "electric mixer" and see if it hears you.

Weird
Welcome to the world Controlled by Google. Yell "black house paint" outloud or something totally random outside your life bubble around your idle smart phone or Alexa/Siri/Hey Google/Samsung smart TV etc. easedropping device and see how soon an ad for Sherwin Williams pops up on any of your devices. Its scary. I get that same 'plus size' clothing ad as well as 'large cup swimwear' ....Uh, Im a dude. Well, maybe thats why i get them? It is weird.

at least they could give me an add for a 2020 Ram instead of this retarded looking 2020 gmc Sierra 1500 denali,............
....oh wait , nevermind, there it is

LOL.... as I'm reading this, I have an add at the bottom of the page for bikinis.... Obviously it's random

-
Back