Adapters

-

Quantum53

Reaction score
Antone running 5x4 to 5x4.5 adapters? Any problems? I'm not changing to BBP.

There are plenty of em out there, some good, some bad

As long as you get high quality adapters you should be fine

You will gain an inch of backspacing so the wheels will not look as good as they could, but chances are if you are going to BBP looks aren't very high on your list anyway

I would not run wheel adapters on a wheelbarrow.................

They need to be billet, not cast aluminum. Follow the instructions and make sure you check the torque on BOTH sets of lug nuts several times in the first 50-100 miles. Torque to the actual specification, not just armstrong torque. Do all that and they're absolutely fine. Show me a wheel adaptor failure and I'll show you 1-a cast adaptor or 2-improper installation and maintenance.

They need to be close to 1" thick to have enough material to support the second set of studs. Most 14" and 15" wheels will not have enough backspace off the shelf to run an adaptor with anything other than a super skinny tire. Which usually means custom rims for any normal tire width.

I've ran them on my Jeep with a stroker motor and spinning 115lb super swampers. They hold up just fine if you buy a quality pair, install them properly, and check torque on the inner lug nuts occasionally.

-
Back