Adding a front spoiler to the Dart

-

Reaction score
Bought a front spoiler from "spoilers by Randy" for my Dart today, Can't wait to get it in and installed. I will make sure to post some pics when it comes in.

Mike

Until I found this posting and looked at the front of your car, I didn't realize that the 67-69 Darts don't have a front valance (?) The spoiler should look great. Is your car in primer or flat paint or?

I think they look great. They're very subtle. I plan on buying one for my 68.

Subscribed.

If you don't mind, could you take some pics of the installation process? I'd like to see where and how it mounts? Thanks!

Subscribed.

If you don't mind, could you take some pics of the installation process? I'd like to see where and how it mounts? Thanks!
:cheers:
anyone got a 67-8-9 barracuda fastback w/ one on it ? sure would like to see some pics, thinking about putting one on mine.---thanks, bob:coffee2:

Plan on installing this weekend, If weather holds up. I will take pics along the way.

Mike

Installed the spolier today, Really easy, had to drill 3 holes, I was very pleased with the quality of the spoiler and how wasy it was to install.

Pic of spoiler
1 bolt in middle mounts to center piece lower radiator area.

Before Pic

After Pics

Bought one for my '72 Scamp. For the '70-'72 Dusters and '71-'72 Scamps, installation was a breeze. Attached to the two tabs on the lower radiator support. It comes powdercoated black and he supplies the hardware and clear directions. Randy also posted a pic of my Scamp on his web site. It's the Scamp with the "Route 66 Cruisin" license plate.

I'm not a fan of spoilers on the 67 - 69 Darts but hey, it's your car. Did you install it for merely cosmetic purposes or was it for functionality? I'd spend my money elsewhere instead of that little piece of plastic.

To me the bumper is huge on these cars. Althought the 67-69 is my fav (i've owned 3..) I think the spoiler makes it stand out less.

I'm not a fan of spoilers on the 67 - 69 Darts but hey, it's your car. Did you install it for merely cosmetic purposes or was it for functionality? I'd spend my money elsewhere instead of that little piece of plastic.

I installed it for looks only, im not sure on the benefits of downforce it would provide for racing or driving. I wanted something to hide the bottom of radiator area while breaking up all the "bling" of the bumper.

The 160 for the spoiler and the ride is like throwing a rock into the ocean for as far as cost to build the rest of it. I was happy to buy something for under 200$ for a change.

That looks great! I have had his site saved for some time now and will buy one eventually. To many other things I need for my car first.

Put one on my 68 dart about a month ago. Easy to install and looks great.

Thought a fellow in Texas, handle starts with BEH.....or sumtin like that, did something similar to this to help keep the coolant temp down some? Anyhow, is this something you had to fab up or did you buy it from a retailer?

I think they look cool, I've wasted a $160 on worse thing's! Thinking about getting one myself , it really changes the look.

-
Back