Adding Delay to ACC.

-

Reaction score
I'm about to rewire my car and was wondering if anyone had ideas or knew how cars add a delay to power for radio, interior light etc... in the wiring ?

Need more info........what all,.......length of delay, and why?

Usually an RC time constant or opamp triggering a relay or big transistor but you have to be more specific on your needs.

Need more info........what all,.......length of delay, and why?

Maybe add 5 minutes of power to the ACC side of the fuse box when you take out the key. So as you get your **** together before getting out of the car you have access to anything you want to turn on if needed. Plus if is running a little hot fan stays on for a bit longer to cool it down.

The electronics suppliers have all sorts of industrial time delay relays. Mouser Electronics is one good source, and last I knew, they have no minimum order.

Grainger if you have one locally, not usually the best price.

Yes, many hobbyist buy from Mouser Electronics. Others are Digi-key and Newark, who I usually order from at work. In the past when electronics was booming (early cell phones, ...) some imposed $100 min orders, but I think not today. You can often find cheapest on ebay from liquidators, but need to research the parts.

-
Back