Adding power steering on a 65 A-body

-

wh23g3g

Reaction score
So where could I get the brackets and power steering parts to add factory power steering to my 65 Valiant? It has manual steering. Would I have to change anything on the steering column? I saw a 73 today with all the brackets, federal pump, and gear. Would that work?

So where could I get the brackets and power steering parts to add factory power steering to my 65 Valiant? It has manual steering. Would I have to change anything on the steering column?
Since the power steering gearbox is longer than the manual box, the column needs to be correspondingly shorter. It's probably easier to find a junkyard steering column, but I suppose you could shorten and re-spline yours.

A lot of people prefer the manual setup, compared to the mushy "steer it with one finger" power setup. So you might be able to swap with someone who wants to transition the other way.

- Erik

64 Valiant, 170 3-spd
82 Volvo wagon, 5.0 5-spd :)

Fanatic is right,you have to swap to a p.steering column,power box and get a power steering pump.I just swapped to the manual steering from the power in my 66 Dart.I still have the power pump if interested?

-
Back