adj. roller rockers

-
I assume that you are comparing them to stamped factory rockers. One advantage with adjustable rockers is more consistent amount of lift. The stamped rocker ratios are known for being all over the place and can leave horsepower on the table. A good cheap option is adjustable factory 273 rockers too.

Thanks im running them on my 418 and was wondering if they were as good as they said. Ive adjusted them and my motor is still loud.sounds like im running solid lifters. In fact ive been ask that very thing several times. No problem just wondering. Thanks again.

What cam are you running? Some of the newer design fast rate cams are just plain noisy. I changed out a cam as I could not get rid of the valvetrain noise. The tech line for that cam said it was live with the noise or change cams. I usually run solids in the motors I build and was not prepared to have a hydraulic cam noisier than my solid cams. I got another fast rate hydraulic cam from a different company and it's got a tiny bit of noise but nothing like the first one I had.

Rollers have less side load on the valve on a big lift cam, they are more precise in their ratio and look cooler. On huge cams, they can roll right off the valve tip so lash caps need to be used. Other than that, there are longevity issues, they are almost all ALuminum so they are not the strongest you can get, and roller bearing models need a hardened shaft. Make sure the shafts have the oil holes on the bottom and are pointed inboard. The notches in the shafts are always on your left and down when facing the spark plugs

Rollers have less side load on the valve on a big lift cam, they are more precise in their ratio and look cooler. On huge cams, they can roll right off the valve tip so lash caps need to be used. Other than that, there are longevity issues, they are almost all ALuminum so they are not the strongest you can get, and roller bearing models need a hardened shaft. Make sure the shafts have the oil holes on the bottom and are pointed inboard. The notches in the shafts are always on your left and down when facing the spark plugs

Comp pro mags aren't aluminum if I'm not mistaken. I believe they are some sort of steel.

This isnt a new motor its got about 10000 miles on it and its always been noisy. Im running a Lunati Voodoo cam. Its small i think 220/494 specks. Im running this in my 89 Shelby Dakota with the computer. is why i choose the low profile cam trying to keep vacum. Now I wish i had gone bigger. This cams power rang is from 1000 to 5000 whick works good for me because im still running the comp. and my motor shuts off at 4750. My rockers are steel. It run great but I was asked again if it had solid lifters so I just ask you guys.

-
Back