adjustable pushrods?

-
As the name implies, they screw in and out, have a jam nut to lock them down, can use them in place of adjustable rockers.

Oh, I didn't know ? :thankyou: I thought it was mostly used as a measuring tool..
As the name implies, they screw in and out, have a jam nut to lock them down, can use them in place of adjustable rockers.

Never trusted em, as I have seen to many snapped off at the threads.

Oh, I didn't know ? :thankyou: I thought it was mostly used as a measuring tool..

They're not the same thing as a pushrod checker. Pushrod checkers are just for measurement, you can actually get adjustable push rods intended to be run in the engine. They're not always the easiest things to adjust, and of course it's something else to work itself loose.

They tend to get used more frequently on older engines like the early hemi's ('53-'59), old nailheads etc because of the rarity and expense of adjustable rockers for those engines. Not something I'd want to use for a big horsepower build. This is a set from Smith Bro's, borrowed from an old sale ad here. If I were going to run a set I would make sure they were from a very reputable maker (like Smith Bros). Doesn't really make sense on an LA, B or RB engine just because adjustable rockers are easy to find, still reproduced and not terribly expensive in most cases.

94s-jpg.1714589041

I have seen those used at the track and adjusted for more or less slack for more or less torque. Interesting results with Rhodes lifters.

That's because people measure them wrong and they usually interfere with something.

That may very well be, and obviously quality has a lot to do with it.

I have seen those used at the track and adjusted for more or less slack for more or less torque. Interesting results with Rhodes lifters.

Now there is something to consider keeping in mind how Rhoads work.

-
Back