Adjustable rockers

-

gremlin

268Darts
Reaction score
It's been a while, so I thought I would double check. Don't you screw the rocker adjuster into the pushrod, while it's in the hydrolic lifter cup, then turn 1/4 and tighten the nut? This would be done while each lobe is on the base circle. This would be the same for hydrolic flat tappet and roller lifters, wouldn't it?I ask because I will be upgrading to a roller later.

You want to make sure what kind of lifters you have. There are standard ones, and there are ones that require very little preload. If the catalog says "must use adjustable valve train" for your lifter part number, then you don't go that far.
The basic deal is, you thread the adjuster in until there is 1 thread showing below the rocker arm body. Then you measure for you pushrod. Once you have the right length pushrods, you then watch the plunger inside the lifter and slowly thread the adjuster screw down until there is either about .010" preload if you have the performance type lifters, OR .040" preload is you have factory type lifters. This works for any hydraulic lifter, including a roller.

Cool, I just got my pushrod gage yesterday. Looks like time to go to work. Thanks

I should be able to use the same procedure as setting valves on a Chebie.

-
Back