Adjustable strut rods. Worth the money for a drag car??

-

RockinRobin

Reaction score
I took apart the front end today to replace all of the bushings and the drivers side strut rod is a little bent. Can I get away with hammering it back straight or should I spend the money for those fancy adjustable ones?? This is a car whose front wheels leave the ground on launch.

a friend put rms tube upper arms with heim joints and rms adjustable strut rods with heim joints. i couldn't believe how much it freed up the suspension... front end lifted a lot more at the track too.

a friend put rms tube upper arms with heim joints and rms adjustable strut rods with heim joints. i couldn't believe how much it freed up the suspension... front end lifted a lot more at the track too.

yes...you will get alot of front end travel with the adjustable strut rod and upper control arm with heim joints..

While the adjustable strut rods should add a massive amount of freedom to the front end, they also add another wear item, that needs checked, at least a little more often.
I will put them on my racer but, right now that car is on the street and I like the freedom from maintenance, the stock struts imply. We all know that even the stockers should be looked at but, how many ever do, until there's a problem?

I have 2000 street miles of mostly driving like a 16 year old with BB Dart. My rms arms and strut rods show no wear at all. They also save weight, the stock strut rods are heavy for their size.

-
Back