adjustable strut rods

-

pauly v.100

Reaction score
anybody use them?
i'm looking at CAP products and RMS pieces.
does anybody else make them?
any input is appreciated, thanks

I have aluminium ones from CAP. I think they are pretty good but I was concerned about the fact that the threaded ends were also aluminium, so I have made stainless steel threaded ends instead. I did make some extra ends that I was going to sell for other people with the same CAP adjustable strut rods. I don't know how much I will sell ends for but I will have that figured out by next week. I did see a post here a while back that someone broke one of the ends on there rods, which is why before installing mine for street use I decided not to chance it and make the s/s ends.

The threaded ends on my strut rods from CAP are definitely not aluminum, as they rusted. Not coated either apparently...But other than that they work fine.

hmmm, i think i'll give CAP a call and find out what the skinny is. theirs are easily the nicest looking, but chrome don't get ya home (figure of speech)
think i'll check with firmfeel also, theyre website doesn't show bars for
a bodies but the b body parts look very nice. havent seen the hotchkis pieces but they are too much $$$ anyway.

anybody use them?
i'm looking at CAP products and RMS pieces.
does anybody else make them?
any input is appreciated, thanks

Noob here, who or what are CAP and RMS? I'm looking for adjustable strut rods for a 67 Cuda and I too think the Hotchkis are too pricey.

TIA

CN

Noob here, who or what are CAP and RMS? I'm looking for adjustable strut rods for a 67 Cuda and I too think the Hotchkis are too pricey.

TIA

CN
CAP was bought out by QA-1 and RMS is Reilly Motor Sport.I have the hymed RMS in my race car,which helped alot with weight transfer.:D

I also have the RMS units. Very nice pieces. I am happy with them.

yes, john aka badart also makes them for less money. give him a holla.

as said..QA1 now owns CAP...i have a set of the CAP adjustable struts rods on 71 Demon...along with adjustable upper control arms..the car really transfer weight and hooks...

i have a set of the RMS strut rods for our 71 Dart...and adjustable UCA but they are not installed yet...

I would give Badart a call....

I have a set of Badart's adjustable strut rods. I'd buy another set from him.

I would not put aluminum strut rods on my car. JMO. Not the place to save weight. I used the Moly rods that John produces.

I can do them fairly easy if anyone is interested...I think I am out of them at the moment, but can put a set together for anyone interested.

-
Back