Adjusting the gauges...possible?

-

gdizzle

Reaction score
gauge teeth - 1.jpg
On my 66 dart, I finally found a temp and gas gauge that function. However they need a little adjusting, so I see there are these little tiny teeth gears in the gauge that appear to be movable. I can't find any info online or in manual that talks about adjusting these. Like the temp gauge is showing colder than normal, and I want to move the needle over into the normal range. I could just bend it?? Any help please.

View attachment 1715142396 On my 66 dart, I finally found a temp and gas gauge that function. However they need a little adjusting, so I see there are these little tiny teeth gears in the gauge that appear to be movable. I can't find any info online or in manual that talks about adjusting these. Like the temp gauge is showing colder than normal, and I want to move the needle over into the normal range. I could just bend it?? Any help please.
I noticed that when I was stripping a cluster out a few months ago. Those notches are there for a reason. Here's a fuel gauge I snapped a photo of.

fuel gauge1.jpg

I WOULD NOT fiddle with them unless YOU KNOW it is the gauge unit that is off THERE IS TOO MANY other causes:

1....Poor connections between the switched ignition supply and the cluster connector pin(s). Poor connections at the IVR. Inaccurate/ damaged/ defective IVR. Poor connections at the IVR socket. Poor connections at the gauge studs. A problem in the sender wire, AKA the bulkhead connector (engine bay) or the kick panel connector (fuel gauge.) OR THE CONNECTOR at the sender itself

2.....SENDER out of calibration/ defective. IF YOU HAVE NOT checked the gauges "for inaccuracy" with test resistors, then you are shooting in the dark, and you are going to shoot yourself in the "foot."

-
Back