Adoption

-
have you ever hung sheet rock on a ceiling?
I found out a 2X4 nailed to a short lets say:-k 30" 2X4 that looks like this T will help hold it in place so you can crew it or nail it up.
Have you ever taped and finished before?

Al I can think of is a stiff neck and or a nice, pinched nerve or two the next day that lingeres on for a month or so before the pain starts to slowly subside.

Well, that's how I felt personally after the last time I hung sheetrock.

My hispanic neighbors do it for a living, you should see hos fast they work, it will make you sick.

Frank and Cinda,

Thanks for the information!! Please keep us updated on the progress!

Well got a little reprive. Heard from California and they say placement in Oct or Nov. Whew.
Got the second coat on the first bedroom last night. Only 9 more rooms to insulate and drywall :happy10:
I havent been this sore in a long time. Old age sucks.
I think I will take next weekend and race if the weather holds out.:snakeman:
Frank

Well got a little reprive. Heard from California and they say placement in Oct or Nov. Whew.
Got the second coat on the first bedroom last night. Only 9 more rooms to insulate and drywall :happy10:
I havent been this sore in a long time. Old age sucks.
I think I will take next weekend and race if the weather holds out.:snakeman:
Frank

Old age sucks.I hear ya bud
9 more rooms.:tongue9:
Pm sent

Well a little update on the Kids and the House. Kids will be here before Christmas for good. We should see them about the 15th of this month.
MeMike is comming down to help tomorrow Wed. Im sure he will post pictures.
Im terriblely behind on the house but have been plugging away at it everyday. No way Ill be ready for the kids in time but I just refuse to give up. Creator will find a way.
For those who know ICPC is done and TPR was done today in court. This basicly clears the way for DHS to move the kids to our state and give us custody of them.
If anyone is wondering about Mike he said his internet is down.
Will update as soon as I can.
thanks,
Frank

I will be calling you tomorrow on my way there Frank.
Know it is time for me to be on my way to bed.:sleepy5:
I showed the old home place changed the oil in Victoria.
Gave boogie a bath and paid bills.

oil change 001.jpg

oil change 003.jpg

DUDE! I had to sell my 67 SG barracuda to pay for my Daughters wedding! I hope you have three cars like this to sell. But it was worth every last penny. Girls are a true blessing, and you are a true hero. Now if I can convince my daughter to give me a grandchild!!!!

I can say he has at lest 4 MoPar's for his daughters SGBARRACUDA :cheers:
Two barracudas and duster's

What A nice day away from the house and get to meet another great
member here :cheers: 66aCUDA and his lovely wife made my day :rock:
I can see how he made his name 66aCUDA :cheers:
We all know my memory is not the best but here is a high 13 sec. 225+
on street tires in the second picture. When it comes time to go /racing
he loads it up and go's :thumbrig: Track time is good time.
We looked at his addition for the rest of the family then he said lets walk outside and walked me to a room full of /6 racing parts and heads blocks
headers and boxed up goodies and I learned a few things too.:cheers:
I wish I had about 4 to five young buck there with me today.
I would have worked them and kept them busy on 66aCUDA place.
I was thinking I was going to meet an old guy and balding like me :toothy10:
NOT :happy3: A full head of hair down to his middle back.
I kept my hat on all that morning and when it came time to sit and share a dinner together all my shin jumped out:cool:
This is 66aCUDA and His wife by here car :cheers: some of us don't have wives that can spot a small coolant leak when you open a hood ,
But she did, and she also sent some recipe's home with me.
Frank sent some pickled Quail eggs with me and cant wait to try them.:thumleft:

Frank and sinda 001.jpg

Frank and sinda 002.jpg

Frank and sinda 003.jpg

Frank!! I did not get a picture of the out side of your race car :banghead:

Her car is a Texas built snake skin half vinyl :thumleft:

Another great part of my day was meeting :-k I forgot her name Frank.
Wolf that excepted me to come in to there home.
Look close at this picture, Then I will show you another picture of her.

Frank and sinda 016.jpg

Thanks for the Help Mike.
Yup I am SOO Blessed to have a wife like Cinda. (She is what keeps me looking young...that and NDN genes) Im 58 now. Anaway is the Wolfs name, means Spirit in my native tongue.
Mike really helped a lot He mudded 2 rooms (only 5 left to do) in 4 hours. It would have taken me 3 days to do that.
November 15th is coming fast so I better get back to work.
Frank

Here is a picture of Spirit and frank that stands about 6' tall.
And the most beautiful turkeys I have ever seen.
Check out the black and whit one.
I know Frank and Cinda have a long row to hoe to get things dun at
there home and I wish I could have been more help, But now I know why I hung my sheet rock finishing tools up for life.:shock:

Frank and sinda 018.jpg

Frank and sinda 008.jpg

Frank and sinda 011.jpg

Frank and sinda 013.jpg

Victoria made the trip to franks and Cinda's home to meet a great war veteran and his wife.:rock:
Thank you for a very nice visit and sorry I could not stay and at least
get the hallway mudded in,:angry7: But some time my hart over loads my ability #-o
to keep a sheet rock pan in my hand.
You most likely seen the last time I will ever do that again.
That is why I did not bring the tools back home with me.

Frank and sinda 014.jpg

Frank and sinda 015.jpg

A huge undertaking but one that will be most rewarding. I have two girls, three and 20 months. Girls steal your hart. Be prepared to be played, coned with those big smiles.

A huge undertaking but one that will be most rewarding. I have two girls, three and 20 months. Girls steal your hart. Be prepared to be played, coned with those big smiles.

I sure can understand you feelings here 1969GTS
to be played, coned with those big smiles sure is a chore.
But I am sure that Cinda and Frank will be great parents for them.
I have never raised a girl but I have seen Brother do it.
What you are saying is so true :toothy10:

Update on my oldest.

I hope this does not bring you down, but she is getting married to this nucklehead at the end of this month.

I don't even want to participate because he's such an azzhole.

Neither one of them will listen to reason from anybody and they keep telling people not to judge them.
My pastor say's that the wayward man's way of justifying what he knows is wrong by telling everyone not to judge them.

Seems her fiance is getting into drugs and has brought my daughter into it with him.

I hope he remembers what I said to him in my driveway the night he walked up on me and I put him in a headlock and started twisting his neck sideways, and let him go right before it went POP!

I have a feeling I may be reminding him of that day soon, and I'm praying for some reason their wedding gets called off and my pastor is too.

So many people from my family and from church that have known my Wife and I and our kids are really suprized at the way she is acting and also suprized at the way her boyfriend is acting especially since he's supposed to be this great, young Christian man.
My Wife is also tired of having people come up to her in church to tell her how excited they are my daughter is getting married.
She say's "I'm tired of saying everything is fine."

I had to make them leave my property the other night because the daughter was running her mouth at my Wife because my Wife told her that her world is crumbling down on her because of bad decisions and that she squandered everything we did for her to get her ready to hit the world far more equipped than most kids her age with 10-k in savings, perfect credit, enrolled in college and a good job.

She threw it all away within 2 months, all of it.

Her boyfriend was stoned, and lucky for him, did not open his big mouth otherwise I have have put his nose on the other side of his face.

Other than that guys, the rest of the kids are doing fine and are just as ticked off as the Wife and I.

Sorry for the gloom and doom, I just wanted to give you an idea and quite possibly prepare you for what you may have to deal with some day as all parents do regardless.

I think genetics has alot to do with how she is acting because her sisters said she is acting exactly like their scum bag birth mother acted.

Nice huh?..... keep us in your thoughts.

Cudaspaz,

That sure is some bad mogambo there. The story rings somewhat familiar to what happened to a couple we know. Their daughter got married to a guy who was pretty straight-laced. She, however, fell back into partying with her old friends. The parents are now waiting for autopsy results to determine what drug she used when she overdosed.

Cudaspaz,

That sure is some bad mogambo there. The story rings somewhat familiar to what happened to a couple we know. Their daughter got married to a guy who was pretty straight-laced. She, however, fell back into partying with her old friends. The parents are now waiting for autopsy results to determine what drug she used when she overdosed.

Sad,

I watched my Sister in Law live like this for the past fifteen years until it all came crashing to a hault when she wrecked her girlfriend's car and killed two of her girlfriends.

She is safely now in jail for the next 15 years and the world will be a better place because of it.

I hear you about the girls. We have all boys and Boy Gkids. My wife helped raise her niece so at least she is more prepared.
Sux about your Daughter, I have a D in Law that Im worried about. No Drugs just really expensive tastes and He is in the USAF. I see this one going south if her mommy and daddy dont keep paying her CC bills.
Anybody has a weekend off and wants to help. I cant offer much but a clean room and Excellent chow to eat. Could really use help hanging the last 3 rooms with drywall, Painting, Fencing in a play yard, etc. ALL by November 15th (aprox).
Ill try and keep the thread updated. Wife has a blog with updates and pictures if you want the url just PM me.
TTYL and Thanks again Mike,
Frank & Cinda

Im adopted myself and glad that i was raised in the church growing up, mostly by my grandparents. Once as my dad's mom passed away we stopped going to church. I found myself back in church while dating a girlfriend. After I stopped going to college with her at SIU. I came back home and was going down to visit her every other weekend and was also engaged somewhat...lol! Till i walked in on her and the new boyfriend in bed. Walked out called up my best friend, went out and spent 3.5yrs drinking myself under. Went out to CA in 2005 met my friends and pastors in the pro skate scene their. Saw what they had: solid marriage's, relationships, church and just a solid fellowship! Everything that i've always wanted but felt like there was nothing during those times when i was down and under. Can't say I ever hit rock bottom but meeting them was an eye opener for me. They recently started a christian outreach reality show. www.steelroots.com/theuprising
Theres some cool stuff in there. The outreach isn't just towards fellow skateboarders but everyone. Check it out.

Oh yeah and if and when i have my own family, I am going to raise them in the church! Because when I wasn't there boy did things get ugly for me!

God Bless,
Corey S.

PS: Cinda and Frank: Hows the adoption thru CA going so far??

Hey Tribal
SLOW !!!!!! 2 years in the making but we only got matched in August. (that when the big push and panic begin).
Frank

Headed out to LA tomorrow to meet the Girls. House is still not done (we will hope its enough to appize the Social Workers. Will be home the 15th of Dec and the Girls will be here the 20th of Dec for good. YEAH!!!!
Wish us luck.
Frank
PS Thanks to those of you that have helped.

Headed out to LA tomorrow to meet the Girls. House is still not done (we will hope its enough to appize the Social Workers. Will be home the 15th of Dec and the Girls will be here the 20th of Dec for good. YEAH!!!!
Wish us luck.
Frank
PS Thanks to those of you that have helped.

That is great, just in time for the holidays, should make for a great Christmas! Good luck with everything and hope it goes well for you and your family!

I wish I could be of more help, And see things dun.
You have a safe trip brother and keep us updated

-
Back