Ads

-

DustyDuster

Imfamous member
Reaction score
Why are all the ads on this forum for car brands I wouldn't buy or for ED treatments ( which I don't need ) ?

ads - I don't see no stinkin' ads.. but I would guess that like anything that relies on ads to pay the bills, those that pay, get to play

ads - I don't see no stinkin' ads.. but I would guess that like anything that relies on ads to pay the bills, those that pay, get to play

Absolutely, and in case it's not known, some of the ads are related to searches that have been done thanks to Google and Ad sense.
So maybe one of those cars he doesn't need and ED, Oh never mind. :D

Absolutely, and in case it's not known, some of the ads are related to searches that have been done thanks to Google and Ad sense.
So maybe one of those cars he doesn't need and ED, Oh never mind. :D
sometimes you just can't close your browser fast enough... :lol:

sometimes you just can't close your browser fast enough... :lol:

In all seriousness Google is getting extremely intrusive about what used to be considered private information.
"Used to be considered private" is the key here, because with the data gathering policies and the law being changed recently they can collect whatever they can and sell to other entities whatever they want now.
Not like they didn't do it before anyway.

At this point we need to realize ANYTHING we put on or into ANY device we own that is cell or internet connected is fair game for anyone to do whatever they want with.
"Smart" TV's are doing the same thing.

I hear ya - I have gotten "offers" in my email days after I did a search for something... never gave out my address or signed up for anything. Ebay is really bad, logged in or not.. they know it's you (tracking your IP - YA THINK!?) -- "you recently searched for XYZ - still interested?" - - wait a minute here, I wasn't in My Ebay when I did that. There will be NO "smart" TV in my house and thankfully, I have no need for internet based security web-cams and the like.

Last edited:
what I really like is the idea that your smart phone is SO easy to hack.. all that extra $$ to be fully connected and have the WOW services and now you're more vulnerable -- yea, that's a deal -- not so many people pick on me anymore because I still use a flip phone :D

In all seriousness Google is getting extremely intrusive about what used to be considered private information.
"Used to be considered private" is the key here, because with the data gathering policies and the law being changed recently they can collect whatever they can and sell to other entities whatever they want now.
Not like they didn't do it before anyway.

At this point we need to realize ANYTHING we put on or into ANY device we own that is cell or internet connected is fair game for anyone to do whatever they want with.
"Smart" TV's are doing the same thing.
This might be tinfoil but I have noticed ads for things I have never searched or read on the net but have talked out loud about.

I don't use Google, but something I have noticed the last few weeks is ads popping up for things my wife searched for and vice versa. I was looking at something for the car, and she could see it on her laptop.

Must be the ISP's are getting in the game too.

I don't use Google, but something I have noticed the last few weeks is ads popping up for things my wife searched for and vice versa. I was looking at something for the car, and she could see it on her laptop.

Must be the ISP's are getting in the game too.
SJ-34 was passed and signed by the Prez recently.

Actions - S.J.Res.34 - 115th Congress (2017-2018): A joint resolution providing for congressional disapproval under chapter 8 of title 5, United States Code, of the rule submitted by the Federal Communications Commission relating to "Protecting the Privacy of Customers of Broadband and Other Telecommunications Services".

I think it is BS that I pay for a service that sells my information without my consent.

-
Back