Advice on how to remove paint from windows

-

72ScampTramp

Scamp Tramp
Reaction score
So amateur painter. I missed a few spots masking last time what can I do or use to remove? Some overspray and one spot pretty heavy?

Razor blade could work was afraid that would scratch. Should it be dry or soap and water?

Nice flat light pressure on it should be fine, use a NEW blade, if you have a lot to do change the blade after a little bit to make sure you keep a sharp edge and hold the blade at an angle to the glass... I suppose a little soapy water would not hurt.

I have never had one scratch the glass on a car or house windows.

If you are concerned about it scratching, find a piece of glass and spray a little paint on it, let it dry and scrape it off. Look it over to see if it satisfies you before you hit your car windows.

done this a lot. Cheap razor blade tool pictured above available at any hardware store. As long as you keep the blade edge flat on the glass it won't scratch.

Can't u try using lawyer thinner on a tag just get most of it out and wipe it over the glass using light pressure then use a razor blade

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

Agree with the razor blades. You can also grind off the corners of the blades, this will make it harder to scratch the glass - learned this stripping paint off fiberglass.

Keep in mind Josh, IF you use any chemicals you run the risk of getting some on your new paint. Yikes!!!

Make do with what you have...check under sink for SOS pad if you don,t have a blade or thinner handy.:glasses7:

Please don't use an SOS pad, or any steel wool.. jewlers rouge is the coursest abrasive to use on glass, unless you want a hazy patch..

hope it helps

OOOO or ultra fine steel wool does not scratch glass or chrome unless you are scrubbing real hard. I have used it for 25 years and it works great for removing fine overspray on glass. Brillo pads are a coarser grade and too rough for glass or chrome.

-
Back