Advice, please! (Wiper Linkage Bushing Removal)

-

attack tiger

Reaction score
Im' replacing the wiper linkage bushings because two of them have failed, and I just need advice on how to remove/install them. Any tricks and advice will help.

Thanks!

do a search -much discussion has been made of this topic-- 1 member made his own, Lawrence

Removing them is a snap - they just pop out with a small amount of coaxing. You may find the new ones you need at NAPA. Soak the new ones in VERY hot water a few minutes to soften them, then use channel lock pliers - put a short socket over the hole on the back side so when you clamp down on the pliers the new bushing pops through. Before you snap the linkage back together, put a dab of white lithium grease in each bushing socket.

That's all the tips I can give you...other than, be sure to take pictures or make a sketch before you disassemble everything - it only goes back together one way.

Jerry

p.s. - I knew I posted these tips before... try this link: Wiper Linkage Bushings

Found mine at Napa as well. I took a rubber mallet propped on a 2x4 to tap them into the arms first. I had my wiper motor out and attaching the arm to that first made it easier. Then slide that in and bolt it on. Put white grease in them and use channel locks as stated to squeeze them on the little posts.

-
Back