Advice

-

bigdemo1

Reaction score
Need some info on a fix,Edelbrock head was "overported" hole in pushrod hole was repaired with tube,has anyone ever heard of this before?is this a good or proper fix?Thanks.Sid.

How bout some pic's..Is this a new set of heads?...send em back the repair sounds decent enough but if ya paid for good stuff might wanna send em back and get a set that hasnt been repaired.

This is a common problem with eddy's and others as casting flaws and core shift causes this to happen. This generally happens when a porter is trying to match a ports cc's and or air flow. Nothing wrong with it as long as the repair was done correctly.

I haven't actually bought them yet,however I am leaning towards it another member has them and while I am sure he is a good guy I don't know a whole about edelbrocks so I am a little cautious.

Who ported them, and do they come with a flow test... That's the most important stuff. Breaking thru there is no big deal so long as it's a good porter. If it's a home job that just got too big... well, that' another story...

-
Back