advise on title swap U.S to Canada

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, it could be that the US has the law that every single vehicle, no exceptions, needs to be exported permanently, but they dont matter at all IMO, once your at the desk in canada US law doesnt govern you, id still cross at Windsor, I feel safest there.

tom,

you couldn't of said it better...

"Once your in canada, US laws don;t govern you".

Regestrar is canadian...
the 72 hour rule is a USA RULE!!!

THANKS PHIL,I HAVE HIRED BROKER AND TRANSPORT COMPANY.EVERYTHING IS DONE INCLUDING BOARDER NOTIFICATION(72HRS.)THE CAR SHOULD BE HERE EARLY NEXT WEEK.PO WENT DEER HUNTING TIL (WED.)JUST A LITTLE HOLD UP.I,LL LET EVERYBODY KNOW HOW IT TURNS OUT..I,M SURE EVERYONE IS SAYING$$$$$$BUT TO GET A RUST FREE CAR IN ONTARIO IS PRETTY WELL IMPOSIBLE,I HATE BODYWORK AND IT,S MY HARD EARNED MONEY SO WHO CARES.I NEED A PROJEct for the winter!I,M BORED!!

THANKS PHIL,I HAVE HIRED BROKER AND TRANSPORT COMPANY.EVERYTHING IS DONE INCLUDING BOARDER NOTIFICATION(72HRS.)THE CAR SHOULD BE HERE EARLY NEXT WEEK.PO WENT DEER HUNTING TIL (WED.)JUST A LITTLE HOLD UP.I,LL LET EVERYBODY KNOW HOW IT TURNS OUT..I,M SURE EVERYONE IS SAYING$$$$$$BUT TO GET A RUST FREE CAR IN ONTARIO IS PRETTY WELL IMPOSIBLE,I HATE BODYWORK AND IT,S MY HARD EARNED MONEY SO WHO CARES.I NEED A PROJEct for the winter!I,M BORED!!

No prob, i know you knew what you were doing, But I didn't want anyone else looking at this post and think otherwise...then get screwed at the boarder.

So the car you bought...It has NO title?
What are you doing to get it to canada? and insurable in canada? I know that you can bring cars across for dismantle only which means they can NEVER see the rd again. But even those I thought needed a title. Are you buying from a state that does not issue a title? or did the car just have NO title?

I thought it wasn't doable if the vehicle has NO title.
Please ket me know, because this could open new doors.

Phil

Cars from Alabama don,t need a title,just a bill of sale.po had a judge noterize it.I have a registration and tax reciept that po sent me stamped by the courts in Alabama.federal law in canada has no jurisdiction on cars 15 years and older.I will be insuring and possibly useing as a daily driver.I will let you know of any changes if any??

its good to know that things are going smoothly, I guess everyone has done different things different ways... I only brought my car back in Aug 2007.

On another note, how did you do during the hunt? I was working and on probation there so no time off but my Dad, sister and uncle went out, uncle got all three. I am looking at a new rifle just now, thinking of colour matching to the Dart?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back