After 7 years...almost ready to leave garage

-

dodgedude

Reaction score
I tore this apart 7 years ago, when times were tough, and sold all of the engine parts except for the 340 block, with the idea of building a stroker in the future. Finally about ready to take it for a drive!

I turn 50 on the 17th, and my wife gave me an ultimatum...have it driveable by my 50th B-day, or sell it. We will be on the road this weekend.

340 stroked, 4.00 crank, W-2 heads, hydraulic roller, LD340 adapted to the W-2's and MAX ported heads and intake. TTI headers and exhaust with flowmasters. Still going to updrade the rear wheels and tires to get more rubber to the pavement.

Here are some recent pics. Can't wait to put the top down and cruise!!!

(BTW, this started life as a GT, previous owner added all of the GTS trim over 20 years ago)

Since I've owned it, it has been completely rebuilt, painted, and rebuilt again!

Nice...... Real nice.

Take it for a drive and put a smile on your face, I'm smiling thinking about it!

I don't remember the color, it is a base/clear. Not B-5 blue, I want to say B-3?? Paint is 15 years old.

Wow she is a beauty. Enjoy your first drive.

Beautiful work! Don't forget the frame connectors. With that much power "she's gonna twist otta shape and be hard to steer" Dan

That's beautiful:cheers:
Enjoy the ride!
C

When you coming down? knowing you the black marks in the street will be easy to follow!!

Congrats on getting it back together.!! mine is still a ways off, Lawrence

Congratulations! Will be finishing mine up in the next few months. 4 years later. Way to stay patient man :).

typically i am not a fan of a black engine but yours is making me question that. FANTASTIC work all around.

Are you 50 yet? Beautiful Car. When you going to give me a ride.

Very nice car. It ought to run! Is that aTTi exhaust?

-
Back