Aftermarket ac in 73 dart

-

Futzy1

Reaction score
So I need to get ac in my dart by next summer. Vintageair seems like the company to go with, but they don't offer a prefab kit for my year. has anyone put VA in a 225 73 dart??

Check out Classic Auto Air for their Direct Fit kit for A bodies.That's what I want for my 68 Valiant. You may have to find brackets from a 80's Slant with a Sanden style compressor.Most aftermarket A/C companies only have V8 stuff.

If everything about the OEM heat/defrost works, You could just search for the aftermarket dealer installed air. There was a lookalike unit with its control switches placed between the 3 under dash vents.
My plan is to use that under dash part and piece mill the rest of the system.

i put a compac2 into a 69 ozzy valiant .It would be much the same .Pull out all the old stuff and it fits in no dramas . Might have to pull the dash out which means windscreen out also unfortunately

Look on the Slant Six forum for a post on AC Options. There are just a few rare after-market kits. Volare/Aspen Sanden brackets work, especially in your car which is wider than early A's. I fabbed my own compressor bracket.

Yeah, still looking. I've been talking to classic auto air mostly because they were the most responsive. Either way I'm probably not buying anything until February, so I'll take a look. Thanks

-
Back