Aftermarket Electric Fuel Pump Recommendation?

-

cesibley

Reaction score
I'm having problems with cheap California Gas killing fuel pumps. At least that's what I think the problem is. I drive my car only periodically, and twice now when I'm gone to start after an extended period the fuel pump has been dead. I'd like to be able to use an electric fuel pump to Prime the carburetor and save all the cranking time. Does anybody know of an aftermarket fuel pump they could recommend that does not cost an excessive amount? An something that will hold up to the alcohol tainted California gas?

how long are we talking? a Facet electric pump (small square electromagnetic jiggler) is plenty for a slant. looks like a small transformer. It can prime a mechanical pump too in series. usually set to 4-6 psi

how long are we talking? a Facet electric pump (small square electromagnetic jiggler) is plenty for a slant. looks like a small transformer. It can prime a mechanical pump too in series. usually set to 4-6 psi
Sorry, should have stated that is for a stock 273 V8.

I always had good luck with
g?q=tbn:ANd9GcTOyzOMvp3EERkLX4B4fEGUM3ks7km5PJn6rBZUg3CJx0zU0bhJD8yZMZXmyyPhMXOUevX7syo&usqp=CAc.jpg
It is a gear rotor type pump. Like an oil pump. Run a return line from a regulator, back to the tank. you will be golden.
22256.jpg

I think I would deal with the extra few seconds of pumping the throttle and just use a mechanical pump. I ran one for years up in Ohio and even on the coldest of days after sitting for months I was able to get mine fired up after 4 tries. I would not really classify that as hassle.

Even a 12 buck Facet alone will support a 180HP 273. All you need is 69 l/hr or 18 GPH (HP X .38) and the generic ones do 85 l/hr. They are regulated to 5psi unless otherwise stated. Believe me, an electric is great on a monthly cruiser, let it prime for about 8 seconds and itll light off on the first bump.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06WD6SSZM/?tag=joeychgo-20

I still rember my older brother’s 57 chevy,parked a block away. Could hear that fuel pump 5 seconds before cranking that thing over. Could never get the starter shimmed right. Those 2 noises i remember like yesterday. Was 40 years ago.

I put an electric on a piece of yard equipment that was giving me fits. It was instantly cured.

Oil pressure switch and an override button will be two things to go along with the electric pump.

I still rember my older brother’s 57 chevy,parked a block away. Could hear that fuel pump 5 seconds before cranking that thing over. Could never get the starter shimmed right. Those 2 noises i remember like yesterday. Was 40 years ago.

I put an electric on a piece of yard equipment that was giving me fits. It was instantly cured.

Oil pressure switch and an override button will be two things to go along with the electric pump.
I have run the lowly holley elec. pumps on 3 diff. hot rods, w/o a return. Will work right if plumbed right. Higher h.p. will need a higher rated pump w/ a reg. tho. Never had a problem or failure.

-
Back