Aftermarket Floor Shifter Pics

-

straightlinespeed

Sometimes I pretend to be normal
Reaction score
I would like to see some pics of those of you with a bench seat and a aftermarket floor shifter (cheetah, B&M etc...) Im converting and trying to figure out a way to get the shifter into the correct position to use with my bench seat.

you can take apart the shifter and make the shift arm how ever you like it. that is what i did with my B&M Quick silver. pretty basic.

DSCI0318.jpg

DSCI0053.jpg

Badsport, how do you like it. It looks like you have to bend/hunch over to shift it. Unless you have long arms. Its clean though I like that

Younggun, That is bad ***!! You just simply disassembled the shifter and machined your own arm to go in its place?

Badsport, how do you like it. It looks like you have to bend/hunch over to shift it. Unless you have long arms. Its clean though I like that

Younggun, That is bad ***!! You just simply disassembled the shifter and machined your own arm to go in its place?

yes, I just drilled out the 4 rivets holding the shift mechanism together and took it apart. i have learned my lesson on this sort of thing. the mech. is a series of plates that interlock. i took one layer off and then took a picture. then next layer. so on and so forth.

the term "machined" made me blush. i made that arm out of two chunks of 3/8 flat bar. I did it all with a hand held drill, wood hole saws and a belt sander. no joke i made that in the living room of my 1 bedroom apartment. i just love to build stuff. some of it works, most of it dont. lol.

I've seen the center of the bench altered so it ends about flush with the arm rest.
I dont know what it costs to do or have done but looks like it could have been OEM.

yes, I just drilled out the 4 rivets holding the shift mechanism together and took it apart. i have learned my lesson on this sort of thing. the mech. is a series of plates that interlock. i took one layer off and then took a picture. then next layer. so on and so forth.

the term "machined" made me blush. i made that arm out of two chunks of 3/8 flat bar. I did it all with a hand held drill, wood hole saws and a belt sander. no joke i made that in the living room of my 1 bedroom apartment. i just love to build stuff. some of it works, most of it dont. lol.

Skills bro!

It works for now, and yes I do have to reach a little for it but it's not too bad.

I will be going with buckets and a Cheetah when budget allows.

-
Back