Aftermarket fuse box placement

-

6T9QDA

Reaction score
I'm about to install an American Autowire harness in my '69 Barracuda, and am undecided on the best place for the pre-wired fuse box. Above the kickpanel? Firewall right of the steering column? I could make a bracket to put it in the original location on the lower edge of the dash. What has worked for you?

I'm about to install an American Autowire harness in my '69 Barracuda, and am undecided on the best place for the pre-wired fuse box. Above the kickpanel? Firewall right of the steering column? I could make a bracket to put it in the original location on the lower edge of the dash. What has worked for you?
I did away with the drivers side air door housing and plugged it off , up flat against the opening . Then installed the fuse panel in that general vicinity .All the air door ever did was blow dust and dirt in my face anyway , even on a brand new 68 form S , back in the day ...

I did an add on for all my accessories that is independent of the factory fuse box and wiring. I put it in the glove box by cutting the card board box and mounting it with slip nuts. Turned out nice and easy to access under the dash.

If you still need info I have a 69 Cuda with it in it. I could take pics for you.

-
Back