Aftermarket Radios-Let's See Yours

-

DartGTDan

'71 Dart GT Fan
Reaction score
I've got a 1970 Duster dash frame, with no woodgrain, just a painted metal dash.
What do you have for a stereo? Photos would help.
Did you have to cut your dash frame?

Thanks,

Dan

i put a whole new piece in mine and just cut out the places where i put everything.
10.jpg

100_01571.jpg

100_01591.jpg

Here is the 72 Scamp that Redscampi now owns.

The pics are from when I was doing the console install so they aren't centered on the CD player but you get the idea.

DSC04183.jpg

100_0883.jpg

100_0876.jpg

100_0892.jpg

100_0924.jpg

I just put a Kenwood AM/FM casette that fit in the original opening. Made a few tapes from my music collection and I'm good to go. How you gonna tell its not a CD playing with flowmasters under the car and no tailpipes?

Only because you asked.

The original picture shows a shaft style AM/FM/8-track. Yes, it works.
The second picture shows the hole cut for a DIN chassis Panasonic AM/FM/CD, pretty much like 360Scamp's. The cut was centered on the original radio opening.

42_1.JPG

DSCN1845.jpg

The temptation of this thread got the best of me so...
Here's a preview. these aren't complete yet so please dont hammer me with questions.
First is the install kit (wont find this one at Walmart).
Then the modified bezel.

S6301376.jpg

S6301365.jpg

I did the radio deleat thing because some one put an after market radio in it and hacked a big hole in the dash. LOL

026.jpg

Here is the 72 Scamp that Redscampi now owns.

The pics are from when I was doing the console install so they aren't centered on the CD player but you get the idea.

Geeze, I wondered where the head unit went. LOL

JR what are you going to put in the 48 Chebby? I think a stock looking radio with a modern unit hidden inside would be cool!

Nikki had her heart set on useing that deck in whatever car she drives because she picked it out all by herself...woohoo...so it's going in the 48.

Here is another option for ya. I have mounted many head units in the truck. Most marine and some good car audio shops will sell a remote system that will work with your stereos remote. You hide the sensor somewhere out of sight on the dash and the other end mounts by your deck in the truck. A benifit to this is all the RCA cables from the head unit to your amps in the truck is now gone..just need to run your power and speaker wire.
AL

Here's a picture of mine. You can order a remote sensor kit for it so you can hide it. I just used the old front plate from the old stereo insead of cutting the one that came with it. I suppose that makes me lazy huh

radio 001.jpg

radio 002.jpg

-
Back