Aftermarket speedometer replacement???

-
Reaction score
i have a 74 dart swinger......kinda goin for the retro dash with newer gauges.....i have all new 2 inch gauges where my factory non working ones went however my question is i am looking for an aftermarket speedometer i can replace my stock one with that hooks up to the factory style or oem speedometer cable that went in the back of my stock speedometer.......lookin for a white face set up , would like it to be sunpro so it would match however i havnt seen one yet that wasnt electrical ... im obviously making a custom panel to fit a round speedo....tach already sunpro mounted on a pillar....any help would be useful..kinda at a stand still....thanks to all who look....

im ron burgandy?

i have a 74 dart swinger......kinda goin for the retro dash with newer gauges.....i have all new 2 inch gauges where my factory non working ones went however my question is i am looking for an aftermarket speedometer i can replace my stock one with that hooks up to the factory style or oem speedometer cable that went in the back of my stock speedometer.......lookin for a white face set up , would like it to be sunpro so it would match however i havnt seen one yet that wasnt electrical ... im obviously making a custom panel to fit a round speedo....tach already sunpro mounted on a pillar....any help would be useful..kinda at a stand still....thanks to all who look....

im ron burgandy?

If you go with an Electric Autometer speedometer you can use ther GPS interface and eliminate the cable all together...it's a cool piece. They(Autometer) say it works with most aftermarket Electric speedometers.

Attachments

• duster 002.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 223
  • duster 004.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 238
Check out Speed Hut's GPS speedometers. They aren't cheap but have cool options in them and are customizable. Has analog type needle but also has a digital display that will read out speed, direction, elevation, 0-60 time, 1/4 mile, etc.

Sounds to me like you only need a white face for your OEM speedometer.
Try Premium Dash Decals.

If you want basic with a screw on cable end on the back of the speedo, look up Summit Racing and plug in EQU-7072. I have one that will be going in my 64 Dart.White face 3-3/8 round 120 mph with a tripmeter.$59.95 Worth a look.

Ok thanks to all who replied......ill look into both...leaning more towards the mechanical one just because its cheaper.....if the speedo is off ill write my self a ticket lol

-
Back