Aftermarket Wiper Fillers heads up

-

RedFish

Reaction score
Ok boys and girdles. ( I wasn't sure what forum this info would fit ). I found yet another place where aftermarket comes up short. Trico wiper filler marked 44-150 not a wise purchase for a-body. It is advertised as 15 inch. Truth is they are approx' 14 & 7/8 inches. Increments are embossed in this blister package so if you want to pick these from the store shelf, shake them down and see for yourself, do so. One eighth inch may not seem like much but.., due to the fixed position and free motion of the retainer, we cant trust these to stay in place. Gamble and loose = scratched windshield.
I didn't look for "made in china" on this package. I would gamble that it is there. Seems to me the short people make the short parts ( other examples like lower radiator hose in memory ).
The Anco brand marked U15R, if these haven't changed, is the wise choice.
I added a pic of the wiper filler I removed yesterday. I don't recall if this was Anco nor do I recall repositioning the retainer. My task for today is to transplant the Trico squeegee portion to the removed plastic back portion.

new Trico wiper refill.JPG

wiper filler removed.png

By the way, my application is second generation hard top a-body. Sedans and others will have different length blades ( 16 inch if my memory serves ). Trico may come up short in any case.

Thanks for head up. According to the 72 Parts Manual, all A-bodies used the same wiper arm. That surprised me as the 23, 29, & 41 body codes do not use the same windshield. That said, it could have been a Trico or an Anco arm. It was the same part number regardless of body style. I stock Michelin and RainX branded refills. I'll check back later and let you know if the 15s of those brands are a full 15" end-to-end.

Update 2300 CDT

Don't stock 15" blades. I measured both brands 16" that I do stock. Both ran short.
Potential work around is to install a 16" blade using locking lug on the end of the arm farthest from the wiper arm pivot.

Attachments

• windshield.pdf
    353.6 KB · Views: 302
Last edited:
Thanks for head up. According to the 72 Parts Manual, all A-bodies used the same wiper arm. That surprised me as the 23, 29, & 41 body codes do not use the same windshield. That said, it could have been a Trico or an Anco arm. It was the same part number regardless of body style. I stock Michelin and RainX branded refills. I'll check back later and let you know if the 15s of those brands are a full 15" end-to-end.

This is the guy I use. Bob Crane. He sells NOS TRICO wiper blades 1935 to 1970 cars

His number is 908-272-7596

Do any of you guys know where could I get whole wiper part (not the wiper arm itself)? I mean, the part that holds the blade and attaches to the wiper arm. For a '74 Duster? I guess I'll need the blade as well, but apparently the Anco U15R is the best bet according to the OP.

I've sold all the extra arms and blades I had here. Betcha someone here has them. Post to parts wanted forum

-
Back