again....whats this called

-
well thats great they never gave me a shipping price

They will just add it to your bill...

A duck walks into a drug store to buy some chapstick. He brings it up to the cashier who rings it up and says, "That'll be $1.50"...

The duck replies, "Just put it on my bill...." LOL!

Not a single parts store on town had one here either recently for a 340 I just did, so I ended up getting a 3/4" x 3" brass pipe nipple and making one in the lathe.

1119863_525460347525342_1835668888_o.jpg

1116260_525460637525313_2146636128_o.jpg

Wow!
Could you magnify that more so we can see it? lol
Your thermostat housing bolts are a little loose too i can see.
I'm just pulling your leg, great pics!
Love the detail.

!!!!????LATHE????!!!! Hell, LOL, hacksaw is all I ever used

Ignore that man behind the curtain, just a photo I found on the www

Hacksaw-to-Filter-616x410.jpg

I work at carquest and can get it too as I just purchased one for my tunnel ram.

Must be nice to have a lathe...

Did you put a shoulder on the tip of the hose end? I have done some testing on hose joints, and a shoulder or barbed nipple have a much higher blow off pressure than just a piece of pipe. Always make sure that the clamp for the hose gets behind the shoulder/barb for best retention.

If you can't do that, then put on straight pipe and tighten the clamp as good as you can.

:eek:ops:

Sorry, the photos are on my FB page, most sites resize the photos when you link them.

Yes, I turned a small lip/reduced diameter for the hose clamp to get a good grip.

I really dont understand why the manifold mfg's dont include that fitting for what it would cost. I wasted time trying to find an auto parts store that had one, and it only took an $8 fitting and 15 minutes on the lathe to make it. And yes, having the right tool for the job makes things alot easier and results in a nicer finished product!

:eek:ops:

I really dont understand why the manifold mfg's dont include that fitting for what it would cost. !

Because there were two different size nipples in the intakes. One for 69 and earlier, and another for 70 & later. They do not want to put both of them in the package to keep their costs down. They would rather let us worry/hassle and go find the right one ourselves.

Because there were two different size nipples in the intakes. One for 69 and earlier, and another for 70 & later. They do not want to put both of them in the package to keep their costs down. They would rather let us worry/hassle and go find the right one ourselves.

Good to know-
what size is the '69 and earlier nipple?

dirt under my nails is there for a reason.....it makes it look like i work hard lol....and its pretty permanent i work on a drilling rig and its a messy job

-
Back