Ah crap, such a small pain in the backside.

-

TrailBeast

AKA Mopars4us on Youtube
Reaction score
I have a tick coming from the right side header and once I tracked it down it's coming from between the 4 tubes right where they merge into the collector.
Now I'm going to have to pull that header down to where I can get to it and cut the collector off so I can get to that area inside with the mig, and then weld the collector back on.

(Unless one of you guys have a better solution, which would be nice.)

I wish I could think of something I could swab the inside with to seal it but I can't think of anything that would hold up.

It's just a light tick that you can hear that sounds like a lifter, and I only hear it at light throttle cruise echoing off of curbs I am right next to.

Down by the merge the metal is a lot cooler, but I have to agree with you that after a few heat cycles, the JB might/probably will, crack off. You said passenger side right?lol.
I had a similar issue with my TTIs,but it started on the driver's side. I brazed it up with a specialty brass rod, from the outside.But it rotted out a hole beside it within two years. I used to run this car 4 seasons, and I guess that was hard on that area.I brazed 'em up twice and then said "whatever". Both sides have been ticking now since about 2010.
Good luck!

Down by the merge the metal is a lot cooler, but I have to agree with you that after a few heat cycles, the JB might/probably will, crack off. You said passenger side right?lol.
I had a similar issue with my TTIs,but it started on the driver's side. I brazed it up with a specialty brass rod, from the outside.But it rotted out a hole beside it within two years. I used to run this car 4 seasons, and I guess that was hard on that area.I brazed 'em up twice and then said "whatever". Both sides have been ticking now since about 2010.
Good luck!

Yes, passenger side thankfully.
That's why I said "small pain" as it would be a big pain if it was the drivers side, and if it were the drivers side it would just have to stay that way. :D
This one is totally out sight between the tubes.

The passenger side I could actually drop down far enough without even taking it out of the car, but I think I will anyway, just to have a good line of sight on the problem area and make sure I get it all the first time.

any plans on pulling the engine next year?

you may be able to wrap that header and hide the issue untill then

12929.jpg

-
Back