Air Cleaner Ideas

-

weldedrail

Reaction score
I have a 318 in a 70 Dart Swinger that I have freshened up and added an Eddy Intake and 650 Carb. Would like to keep the "stock" look so I want to re-use my stock air cleaner. Obious problem is that the original air cleaner is for a small carter 2 barrell. Was thinking about cutting out the center and welding in a riser, or maybe finding a stock cleaner off a 360 or something and welding the center of that in place, just not shure if a stock 360 4bbl cleaner would even be large enough to fit the Eddy carb. Anybody done this before?

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

Unless by "appear stock" you mean to appear as a 2bbl at first glance, I'd go with a factory unsilenced air cleaner in wrinkled-black, or a factory dual snorkle air cleaner assembly....

I know a 340 one works I have one on my 340 with a eddie 750.

Attachments

• Dart_Sport_001.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 188
later model tbi trucks will work and look factory-ish

Norm

find a cheap 4 barrel base that will fit your carb, cut center section out,then cut the 2 barrel base out and fit new 4 barrel by spot welding (mig) and hammer and dolly to shape and seal with high temp RTV. Done it a few times with good resullts you can then fit a KN air filter for the stock 2 barrel application

-
Back