Air Conditioning Parts

-

Dart5150

Reaction score
I went through the A/C system in our 1964 Dart GT (with 273 V8) this weekend looking for a leak using soap bubbles and an electronic detector. The good news is the hoses, evaporator coils, and condenser coils are good to go. I found leaking schraeder fittings that I replaced, as well as a couple of joints that needed to be tightened, so the majority of the leaks are addressed with minimal effort. The only leak left is in the drier, and specifically in the sight glass on top of the drier (pictured below). Judging by the compressor and evaporator/blower under the dash, this appears to be a Mopar / dealer-added system.

I've checked with a couple of the vendors for A/C parts (classic industries and year one) but they don't seem to offer them. Any idea where I could find this drier? I'm guessing the sight glass may be serviceable, but best practice is to replace the drier when opening a sealed refrigeration system. Any vendor recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Drier.jpg

I went through the A/C system in our 1964 Dart GT (with 273 V8) this weekend looking for a leak using soap bubbles and an electronic detector. The good news is the hoses, evaporator coils, and condenser coils are good to go. I found leaking schraeder fittings that I replaced, as well as a couple of joints that needed to be tightened, so the majority of the leaks are addressed with minimal effort. The only leak left is in the drier, and specifically in the sight glass on top of the drier (pictured below). Judging by the compressor and evaporator/blower under the dash, this appears to be a Mopar / dealer-added system.

I've checked with a couple of the vendors for A/C parts (classic industries and year one) but they don't seem to offer them. Any idea where I could find this drier? I'm guessing the sight glass may be serviceable, but best practice is to replace the drier when opening a sealed refrigeration system. Any vendor recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

View attachment 1716222942
Check at a John Deere dealer. They used those dryers on tractors for years.

Check at a John Deere dealer. They used those dryers on tractors for years.
Or go to an "old" NAPA store (one that still uses the book racks) and ask to look through their 4 Seasons catalog. They can easily take it out of their rack and let you do the looking yourself while they help other people.

Last edited:
Or go to an "old" NAPA store (one that still uses the book racks) and ask to look through their Four Seasons catalog. They can easily take it out of their rack and let you do the looking yourself while they help other people.
There you go. I was trying to think of 4 Seasons but couldn't come up with it. My coffee hasn't kicked in yet. :lol:

There you go. I was trying to think of 4 Seasons but couldn't come up with it. My coffee hasn't kicked in yet. :lol:
When I managed a NAPA store we used to get quite a bit of the local J.D. A/C business, as the local Rep/Dealer was "awfully fond" of their parts. Enough so that we could mark it up and still beat their pricing!

-
Back