Air Conditioning

-

ir3333

Reaction score
We have never really needed air conditioning because our home is almost always fully shaded and we live rural.But on these 8 or 10 day heat waves of plus 30 it can get uncomfortable on the last few days...So i installed a fairly large "through the wall" unit and it works great.
What do you set your temperature at?

There is no "set your temperature at." That is a myth. You set the temp so the room does what you want. It depends on room size, where the airflow goes, how high in the wall, lots of factors. Let's say one wall is up against some trees stays pretty cool. Let's say you have big exposed windows on the S/ W side. you will have a cool side and a hot side. You just have to play with it until you get things comfortable.

One thing to watch out for, is not ice up the evap. Keep the filter clean.

Jimmy Carter and his 68 degrees was full of crap. Most these big buildings have automatic changeover from heat to cool. This means that if you set the stat to 68, yeh, "it saves" on heating, but IT THEN TURNS ON THE AC needlessly.

l don't like it all that cold at home, and I'm not real active, normally, in the house. If it gets up to 75--76 that is fine with me.

There is no "set your temperature at." That is a myth. You set the temp so the room does what you want. It depends on room size, where the airflow goes, how high in the wall, lots of factors. Let's say one wall is up against some trees stays pretty cool. Let's say you have big exposed windows on the S/ W side. you will have a cool side and a hot side. You just have to play with it until you get things comfortable.

One thing to watch out for, is not ice up the evap. Keep the filter clean.

Jimmy Carter and his 68 degrees was full of crap. Most these big buildings have automatic changeover from heat to cool. This means that if you set the stat to 68, yeh, "it saves" on heating, but IT THEN TURNS ON THE AC needlessly.

l don't like it all that cold at home, and I'm not real active, normally, in the house. If it gets up to 75--76 that is fine with me.
Mine is best at 77°.
78° is too stuffy and 76° is too chilly. It runs long enough to remove the humidity down to about 50% which is very comfortable.

-
Back