Air gap intake and heater hoses

-
Ive already posted the picture of that twice here; do I need to post it a third time?
Sufficient, and a long discussion to get there. Some people just won't take "yes" for an answer.
Every engineer and technician knows that pipe and tubing sizes are quite different. Tubing size always refers to the OD of the tube. Pipe size refers to the ID of the pipe, up to certain sizes and pressure ratings (I found 10", 4500 psig pipe was 9" ID). But fluid fittings in general are quite confusing with many types.

Sure but the other end of the hose is attached to a heater core... not exactly bullet proof strength there with that paper thin beauty. With the hose holders in place nothing really moves. You're right pointing out that you don't want the hoses moving around too much.
I'm going to set mine up like you have yours. That's ideal... nice tidy engine compartment too... looks great.
What pulleys are you using there? I need some like that.
Is that a brass fitting on your fuel inlet? :) kidding!
View attachment 1715125482
I used to have a 69 GTS... worst (auto related) mistake I ever made selling that car :(
View attachment 1715125496
I remember lusting after that car! lol What do you have now?

I remember lusting after that car! lol What do you have now?

There's some pics in my photo garage. The black Belair, blue Dart and the old 31 Chev coupe are mine. The rest are old projects, friends rides or customers cars.
Got my 408 ready to go in but the rest ain't ready yet.

-
Back