Air in lines

-

BWDart

Reaction score
I rebuilt the left side caliper and all was fine, rebuilt the right and now can't get the air out. Where is all the air coming from? There are no leaks anywhere on the caliper, or the lines running to it.
72 Dart
factory kelsey hayes disc brakes.
Thanks Bruce

I rebuilt the left side caliper and all was fine, rebuilt the right and now can't get the air out. Where is all the air coming from? There are no leaks anywhere on the caliper, or the lines running to it.
72 Dart
factory kelsey hayes disc brakes.
Thanks Bruce
If you bleed it enough it will probably all come out. Sometimes one half of the caliper is full of air and it takes a while, and a lot of fluid, to work the air thur the crossover tube to the bleeder.

Larry

If you bleed it enough it will probably all come out. Sometimes one half of the caliper is full of air and it takes a while, and a lot of fluid, to work the air thur the crossover tube to the bleeder.

Larry

X2...bleed....bleed and then more bleed :cheers:

Air bubbles in the master. HUH Oh, you have to do it all starting from the master and then down each brake line starting with the wheel fatherest away.

Russell makes speed bleeders. A true one man job unlike the rest. Look into it. I use them. And I no longer "Need" the wife to pump the brakes.

The bleeders are spring loaded so that everytime you push on the pedal, the pressure overcomes the spring and blleds. Once the pressure from the pedal goes away, the spring push's the ball check back into place and no air gets in.

Great product! Freakin great stuff. So simple, You'll be saying, "Now why didn't they or I think of this sooner!"

Went to the Russel site at your suggestion and they don't have anything listed post '72 for any Mopar A-Body. Which ones did you use, and on which car? I'm looking for a disc/drum on a '74 Valiant and Duster.

Went to the Russel site at your suggestion and they don't have anything listed post '72 for any Mopar A-Body. Which ones did you use, and on which car? I'm looking for a disc/drum on a '74 Valiant and Duster.
Any 73 and up MOPAR with disc brakes will work. All are the same. Look for Volare or Aspen.

Air bubbles in the master. HUH Oh, you have to do it all starting from the master and then down each brake line starting with the wheel fatherest away.

Russell makes speed bleeders. A true one man job unlike the rest. Look into it. I use them. And I no longer "Need" the wife to pump the brakes.

The bleeders are spring loaded so that everytime you push on the pedal, the pressure overcomes the spring and blleds. Once the pressure from the pedal goes away, the spring push's the ball check back into place and no air gets in.

Great product! Freakin great stuff. So simple, You'll be saying, "Now why didn't they or I think of this sooner!"
that is cool, never heard of them...good find

I got mine at Orielly"s in the help parts section,3/8 for the front (disc) 5/16 for the rear (drum) $11.85 a pair best thing since sliced snake.

-
Back