Alan Johnson disqulified from NHRA event..

-
No, the rules are about running a safe operation. I don't believe a blood alcohol level of .02 would have placed ANYONE in danger. The FAA allows commercial pilots to fly with up to .04.

I kind of doubt that pilots can fly with a .04
.04 is the legal limit for any one with a C.D.L
if you have a passenger endorsement it is .02
and if you are carrying passengers and you blow ANYTHING over .00 you are sidelined for 24 hours

I kind of doubt that pilots can fly with a .04
.04 is the legal limit for any one with a C.D.L
if you have a passenger endorsement it is .02
and if you are carrying passengers and you blow ANYTHING over .00 you are sidelined for 24 hours

An airline pilot caught this week in Amsterdam for being over the legal alcohol limit just before takeoff highlights an issue among U.S. pilots that occurs once a month on average, government data show.

The case of the unidentified Delta Air Lines captain renews a long-standing debate about whether the federal blood-alcohol limit for pilots — .04% — is adequate to protect safety. In most states, the legal limit for driving is .08%.

About 12 commercial pilots are found to violate the FAA standard each year, according to agency data. That's a small fraction of the more than 11,000 who are tested yearly.

The pilot in Amsterdam had a blood-alcohol content of .023% when he was measured in the middle of the day, according to Dutch authorities. That means the case would not be considered a violation under U.S. law, although he would have been prohibited from flying until tests showed he was below .02%, according to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/business/c...month-is-cited-for-alcohol.html#ixzz10DSjGcpf

wow that is really messed up!
you would think the standards for an airplanes full of people would at least be as stringent as a bus full of people
and I bet that pilot can go out driving around in a car as long as he stays under .08
if you have a C.D.L with passenger endorsement you are restricted to .02 at all times in any vehicle, even your own car

I have a CDL with a passenger endorsement. State don't matter because the rules are mandated by the US DOT. I am allowed .08 in my personal vehicle just like anyone else.
Put me in a bus or dump truck, it's .04. Put people on the bus and it's .02.
How did he expect to drive that car with that kind of hangover? No wonder he don't always win. I'll bet the money behind him is pissed.

private firm does the testing...

he drank the night before with dinner....went he got to the track next morning he found out he was selected for random testing...

he had 24 hrs to do the test....he went first thing in morning....he blew and got a .027.....he failed...

if he would have waited the full 24 hrs...he would have passed...

moral to the story....dont be first in line in the morning....

I agree 100%..also if I was #2 in points,like he "was" before that race, I wouldnt drink alcohol ...period.. the weekend of a race

Everything comes down to liability now. A driver crashes and hurts other people or himself the attorneys will find out one way or another what went down and who they all gonna sue the driver or the deep pocket. They go after the sponsor of the event I dont care how many waivers you signed. Somebody injured the lawyers will get money for their client or clients,Kevin.

-
Back