Alberta Guys

-

71Duster

Reaction score
Trying to track down some info on my 71' Duster, It was bought new in Lacombe from a place called Griff Motors by Wayne Smith. Its a long shot but hopeing someone might point me to the right place. I eventully got the car from Abbotsford after it traded hands many times and had been a drag car at some point in the late 80's I'm told. BTW Delivery date was feb 10/70

I thought you where from CowTown? Calgary is far closer to Lacombe then I am. Figured it was worth a shot to check things out might jsut have to make a trip down there one day.

71Duster:

I checked on Griff Motors in Lacome on Tuesday, and was told they closed "years and years ago". Looked in the phone book and there's no listing for a Wayne Smith, and the two long-time residents I was talking to didn't recognize the name. If I get a chance I'll try and stop at the museum or library there and see if I can get you any further info.

Sid

Wow thanks a lot man. I sorta figured they where one of the Chrysler Dealerships that dried up dureing the 80's. Never so much as seen a dealer sticker on a trunklid in a boneyard myself.

No problem - glad to help. I'll try and do a little more digging next time I'm down there and have a little time to spare. I'll be back there next Tuesday, but I have network hardware conversions to do in both Lacombe and Rimbey so probably won't get much time that day. I'll have about 5 hours driving and 4 hours of hardware/software setup that day so it will be a little tight. You're right about the dealer stickers - I've been in Alberta since 1975 and I've probably seen 5 or 6 of those stickers, and that was quite a while ago.

-
Back