Albums you haven't heard in a while....

-
UFO... just watched doctor doctor on youtube.

Foghat Live
Ted Nugent Double Live Gonzo
Aerosmith Rocks
Black Sabbath Paranoid

I remember frank marino and mahogany rush. Man, that was a long time ago.
My older brother had a buddy that worked for a record company. The mans entire house was rows of shelving floor to ceiling. Massive record colection. He had ten teleposts added to support the main floor.

I remember his turntable was made of cement.
That was like 40 years ago. Thank for stirring up som memories....

James Gang - Bang
Foghat - Foghat
Wet Wille - Drippin' Wet
J. Giles - Full House
Jackson Brown - Running On Empty
Eagles - Long Run
Jim Stafford's Greatest Hits
Platters Greatest Hits
I sometimes consider hooking up a turn table but it doesn't happen. Blame modern technology ( digital renditions and wifi )

Molly_Hatchet_-_Molly_Hatchet.jpg

Lou Reed, New Sensations
Warren Zevon, sentimental Hygene
Mick Ronson, Slaughter on 10th avenue
Iggy Pop, Tv eye

Hell Yah.....Molly Hatchet !!!!
In 1980, me and a couple buddys made it all the way to the front row in Bakersfield Ca. They were the opening band for Black Sabbath,on tour with the Heaven and Hell album. Ronnie James Dio's (RIP) first album with Sabbath. I was so close, I was tapping on their guitars, and boots !!!!
Hatchet knows how to whale those axxes like no one !!!!

Hell Yah.....Molly Hatchet !!!!
In 1980, me and a couple buddys made it all the way to the front row in Bakersfield Ca. They were the opening band for Black Sabbath,on tour with the Heaven and Hell album. Ronnie James Dio's (RIP) first album with Sabbath. I was so close, I was tapping on their guitars, and boots !!!!
Hatchet knows how to whale those axxes like no one !!!!
NICE!!

The rods-wild dogs Frank Marino Mahogony Rush -Whats next.....
Frank Marino and Mahogany Rush What's Next, one of many "if stranded on an island" must haves. Waiting for him to go back on tour, a must road trip! :thumbsup:

Lotta good stuff here, many still in rotation for me, ones I haven't heard in a while (have both lp's but turntable belt is shot) would be King Crimson's first and Nazareth's Hair Of The Dog, which if I had em on CD would be in the rotation!

images.jpeg

MI0000031398.jpg

In A Gadda Da Vida - Iron Buttefly I - YouTube
My friend had just built a little amp for his father's stereo (reel to reel) in HS electronics shop. His father was the production manager for Ampex the magnetic tape people. All the adults were gone, the girls were up the street, volume was WAY up, windows were literally rattling in their frames. His sister comes in the front door and screams "Turn that down! We can hear it at the end of the block!"
I used to “borrow” my brother’s reel to reel, it was a Teac. He had several Ampex reels of tape. He also had store bought music on tape: Steppenwolf, Beatles, Joplin, Doors, Arthur Brown. The Beatles so called white album was not white in reel to reel format, it was brown, black, and white from what I remember.

I thought somemore april wine...... motorhead..... ace of spades..... stp..... sex type thing.... neil young... keep on rockin in the free world.. rubber soul the beatles......amboy dukes journey to the center of the mind. Sir douglas quintet she's about a mover.

Last edited:
-
Back