ALERT!! SOUND THE ALARM!!..

-
so far so good (I'm going through the 1st head). In a lot of ways I'm impressed! small "burr" at the bottom of each seat that I'll point out in the video, but nothing earth shattering. This first head's casting looks spot on, I was really impressed with the casting, still proving some of it. I've got a few more things to prove out and add to the video, then I'll upload it. Hopefully it might help some of the folks that are waiting for their heads to arrive. "the blue collar review"... LOL :D
Well I'll try and curb my enthusiasm and wait till the video comes out LOL and not ask too many questions...
But you say they are the correct studs?
I don't want to have to pull my can of Whiplash out...lol..

Well I'll try and curb my enthusiasm and wait till the video comes out LOL and not ask too many questions...
But you say they are the correct studs?
I don't want to have to pull my can of Whiplash out...lol..
don't know, didn't look. But if you got the same part number, good chance of them being correct

so far so good (I'm going through the 1st head). In a lot of ways I'm impressed! small "burr" at the bottom of each seat that I'll point out in the video, but nothing earth shattering. This first head's casting looks spot on, I was really impressed with the casting, still proving some of it. I've got a few more things to prove out and add to the video, then I'll upload it. Hopefully it might help some of the folks that are waiting for their heads to arrive. "the blue collar review"... LOL :D
I got mine and am looking them over briefly tonight, layed a staight edge across the valve tips. All are level on both heads, all the hardware matches, otherwise yeah they look good. Looking forward to your video and others impressions.

I got mine and am looking them over briefly tonight, layed a staight edge across the valve tips. All are level on both heads, all the hardware matches, otherwise yeah they look good. Looking forward to your video and others impressions.
I have shims underneath the springs....

2015 also. One box came with this pamphlet, the other nothing. Some misspelling ("ELFCTRONICS" lol) and interesting statement on the CNC versions. Mine are basic as cast. Retainers and locks appear to have nice fine machining, not rough or torn type marks like I've seen on some brand names.

IMG_20191206_210929.jpg

IMG_20191206_210335.jpg

they must have gave us the last 2015's it looks like someone got 2017...
See what I get for big block heads, as they are "building them".... LOL. Somehow, I half expect to get bowtie heads... :D

If 69lead I was thinking he could have sent them here as well...
unfortunately my wife was the only one home when they came and she could barely get them in the door...

If 69lead I was thinking he could have sent them here as well...
unfortunately my wife was the only one home when they came and she could barely get them in the door...
well, I've been thinking of a mini-big block with my big block heads.....

-
Back