ALERT!! SOUND THE ALARM!!..

-
882E7586-CDAF-4941-9C67-7C87064D7B17.jpeg
96FE8FDE-2F09-4C20-B02D-EA835BD0C119.jpeg
B5E57BB6-99DD-4110-8303-25E867DA2435.jpeg
B07C9C88-5C21-48B1-AF77-947F62CF1846.jpeg
Which part number did you order for yours? Any chance of a picture of one, to see the coolant ports around a cylinder bore?

Ok I tried to do a front back split picture because being black if you got to far away it made it harder to see. And one shot with the gasket off

Thanks for the pictures. The gaskets pittsburghracer is showing looks like it’s modeled after a FelPro 8553PT for an LA engine. But the packaging says it’s for Chrysler SB w/318A heads. Not what I thought we would see.
To further complicate maters, my 360 block was cast in 1992. This is an LA block without any Magnum engine mount or crankshaft sensor bosses. But it has coolant passages like a Magnum block.
86654626-B426-4953-9E5D-E7F6317DC9E8.jpeg
894B50C1-AA0A-4904-9AF2-47268A3E1AB2.jpeg

I told you I get mine custom ordered for each engine.
What's custom about it? Do they use a different material or is it some non off the shelf thickness?..
"I told you".. don't even try and talk down to me like I'm some kind of dumbass or something... I was just asking a question..

^^^also how does showing a one-off custom gasket help anything that were talking about? Are you starting a new subject?...

Anyways:rolleyes:... I should have both the gaskets in post #869 the cometic and the Edelbrock / fel pro by Tuesday and Wednesday... So hopefully Wednesday night I'll be able to lay one over top of the other and see the difference...

What's custom about it? Do they use a different material or is it some non off the shelf thickness?..
"I told you".. don't even try and talk down to me like I'm some kind of dumbass or something... I was just asking a question..

Like I told you guys earlier when I need a Cometic gasket I call Don at 4secondsflat and spec out a gasket as recommended usually.030 over my bore size and whatever thickness I prefer. This case it was .045. No talking down I just started dealing with him when I saw an ad on there for 150.00 a set. Didn’t see my billing yet but I think they are around 160-165.00 a set now. Don is a great guy to bs to.

Like I told you guys earlier when I need a Cometic gasket I call Don at 4secondsflat and spec out a gasket as recommended usually.030 over my bore size and whatever thickness I prefer. This case it was .045. No talking down I just started dealing with him when I saw an ad on there for 150.00 a set. Didn’t see my billing yet but I think they are around 160-165.00 a set now. Don is a great guy to bs to.
Nice price but I don't understand how a 30 over your bore which is basically a 5622-045... Which is actually a listed 80 over 4 that is really 90 over which would be 30 over your 60..

Them's some thick gaskets I never went above .040. lol
The last cometics I used were .035 for big block .

Myself I'm not going to try and run the ragged edge..
I know what you're trying to do. your pistons are out of the hole. mine were at zero deck with a 75 cc head. right about 10.1

Out of the hole with 65 cc heads and close Chambers...
Ya have to do what you have to do when the engine was built for an open chamber.
I believe it will work out good for you.
no more race gas needed.

Ya have to do what you have to do when the engine was built for an open chamber.
I believe it will work out good for you.
no more race gas needed.
Yes I've been doing one hell of a lot to try and make the car more comfortable to drive more often. And being able to run pump gas would be absolutely great. And also being able to go as fast as it ever has at the push of a button would be fantabulous... I'm really really hoping I can use the cometic gaskets that are .070....

Anyways:rolleyes:... I should have both the gaskets in post #869 the cometic and the Edelbrock / fel pro by Tuesday and Wednesday... So hopefully Wednesday night I'll be able to lay one over top of the other and see the difference...
Okay so I got my Edelbrock gaskets the 7326 which is a which I believe is the 180 / bore with the 50 thickness...
Also I got the cometic c5633-075 which is a true 50 over bore and a 75 thickness.. I laid the two over top of each other and seen near 0 difference then any of the oiling or cooling holes...
Now I'm waiting for my cometic c-5622-070... Which is a true 90 over bore at a 70 thickness and that is the one that I want to use. If that one lines up with the Edelbrock gaskets I'll send all those back and keep the 70 thickness...

Okay so I got my Edelbrock gaskets the 7326 which is a which I believe is the 180 / bore with the 50 thickness...
Also I got the cometic c5633-075 which is a true 50 over bore and a 75 thickness.. I laid the two over top of each other and seen near 0 difference then any of the oiling or cooling holes...
Now I'm waiting for my cometic c-5622-070... Which is a true 90 over bore at a 70 thickness and that is the one that I want to use. If that one lines up with the Edelbrock gaskets I'll send all those back and keep the 70 thickness...

j par, please post a picture of one of your C5633 Cometic gaskets so I can see what the coolant passages look like. I would really appreciate it.
My order through Summit placed on 4/3/20 for C5917-060 was supposed to ship 5/22/20, but now they changed the date to mid July. WTF? I just ordered a set of C5622-060 that was supposedly in stock, so those should arrive this week, I hope.
If anyone else has a small block Cometic gasket they can post a picture and part number, that would be cool too.

Pittsburghracer showed his in post #877 and that was helpful because his were specified for the EQ318A head. I wish I had custom ordered the same way in the first place, because that 4.06 bore size would have been perfect for me.

Awesome! Thanks for posting that.
Quick comparison looks like the main different I see between your C5622 and the ones pittsburghracer posted are around the oil feed holes for LA cylinder head oiling. I think that C5622 will for me as well. I will just have to give them a close look when they arrive, comparing the holes to my block and heads. Now I just have to hope they actually ship tomorrow.

j par, please post a picture of one of your C5633 Cometic gaskets so I can see what the coolant passages look like. I would really appreciate it.
My order through Summit placed on 4/3/20 for C5917-060 was supposed to ship 5/22/20, but now they changed the date to mid July. WTF? I just ordered a set of C5622-060 that was supposedly in stock, so those should arrive this week, I hope.
If anyone else has a small block Cometic gasket they can post a picture and part number, that would be cool too.

Pittsburghracer showed his in post #877 and that was helpful because his were specified for the EQ318A head. I wish I had custom ordered the same way in the first place, because that 4.06 bore size would have been perfect for me.
They were all absolutely identical in the oiling and cooling holes.. thought one skip of variance... I'm positive you'll be fine if you have and all la set up..

Well, Cometic says they are pushing back all the Summit orders to fill other orders, but I can order directly through them and maybe have them in about three weeks. Looks like that would only cost me another $43 plus additional shipping. Screw that. Time for other hobbies. Order canceled.

Well, Cometic says they are pushing back all the Summit orders to fill other orders, but I can order directly through them and maybe have them in about three weeks. Looks like that would only cost me another $43 plus additional shipping. Screw that. Time for other hobbies. Order canceled.
I just kept checking around to see what they had in stock and went with it. You can try other places like Jegs or wherever to look for in stock stuff...

Last edited:
If I recall I bought my Speedmaster heads around September 10th last year on their 30% off sale... Just trying to keep my eyes open here in case they have their sale again the same time this year...
Still thinking about one of their manifolds for a magnum project...

-
Back