Alignment Issue

-

brandon2701

brandon2701
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I was going to convert the front brakes from drums to dics and was wondering if I should get an alignment now or after, so basically if doing a brake job would effect the alignment and if I should wait until I have converted to dics to get the alignment. Thanks.
-Brandon

I am doing the same thing right now. When converting over to later model brakes you have to change the upper control arms. While you're doing it, you might as well replace the control arm bushings (I am replacing everything). You will need to have the front end aligned anytime you have it torn that far apart. If you were just swapping brakes, that would be a different story.

I am doing the same thing right now. When converting over to later model brakes you have to change the upper control arms. While you're doing it, you might as well replace the control arm bushings (I am replacing everything). You will need to have the front end aligned anytime you have it torn that far apart. If you were just swapping brakes, that would be a different story.

Your are right, you need to have the front aligned. With the late model set up, your front tires will be out a little more. This is a great swap.

-
Back