Alignment Shops in the Niagara Region

-

fjr

Reaction score
Does anyone have any recommendations for a good alignment shop in the Niagara Region of Ontario?

How much time does an experienced mechanic normally take to align an early a-body (1965 Barracuda)?

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good alignment shop in the Niagara Region of Ontario?

How much time does an experienced mechanic normally take to align an early a-body (1965 Barracuda)?
I just had my 66 Dart alighned this morning,took alittle longer cause I had replaced the UCA with tubular(RMS)and my fenderwell hedders are tight in the bolt area.It shouldn,t take more than an hour,depending on condition of frontend parts(new or old crusty)Good luck.

I just got my car back on road after a disc brake upgrade. I put in all new parts from Just Suspensions and made sure there was anti-seize or grease everywhere.

Because the alignment was way off, I took it to a local alignment shop but they weren't really knowledgeable about these cars and it took over 90 minutes (maybe 2 hours). I was with the mechanic trying to figure out how to set the correct height with my service manual but it seems way too low because I can't get my floor jack under the k-frame.

Well that doesn,t sound like much of an alignment mechanic.To send you on your way with the car that low?You can always squeeze a jack under and get the car up off the ground,climb under with a ratchet and deep 3/4 inch socket,give it 2 full rotations(conterclockwise).Set it down and bounce the car.Drive it back to be set properly,you already paid.Good luck

I'm sure he's good with new cars but he wasn't sure about mine. The service manual wasn't really clear about how to set the ride height correctly either. I thought we got the measurement right, which is a 2" difference in height between the bottom of the torsion bar adjusting blade (at the control arm pivot) and the bottom of the lowest point of the lower ball joint. It looked fine on the hoist but way too low when it was back in my driveway. It drives fine on good roads but bottoms out on torn-up pavement around road construction.

Anyway, I still have to go back to retrieve my service manual and I'll complain about the car being too low. Since they charge by the hour rather than by the job, my guess is that I'll still end up paying for another alignment anyway. If there's no way around it, I want to at least have someone who knows what he's doing to do it the second time.

I was just talking with a local mechanic (at The AutoDream Group) who seems to be familiar with a-bodies. He told me that the front-end takes some time to settle into position so the ride height was probably originally right on the rack. He suggested that I keep adjusting it back up into position on a level floor until it stops settling. He told me that I could get it pretty close to the correct ride height by eye-balling it.

Going back to alignment shops, The AutoDream Group uses Drummond Service in Niagara Falls but also suggested Ace Alignment in St Catharines. Ace Alignment was also recommended by a fellow member in ACCCC.

I know there,s a few ONDR members(Ontario Nostalgia Drag Racers)out in the Welland area that race Mopars.Maybe hit one of the Welland car shows and ask around for a good frontend shop?Good Luck.

Did you get your alignment taken care of? I'm next in line, let me know.

-
Back