Alignment Specs

-

NiceFishEh

Reaction score
Hey Guys:

After completing your '73 to '76 front disc conversion on your '67 to '69 Barracuda, what sort of alignment specs did you end up with?

I'm looking for at least 2* caster and 0.5* camber.

Is this achievable with stock UCA and bushings?

I keep hearing how those Moog UCA bushings 7103's, will provide 3* caster....I ordered a set and found that the i.d. is 9/16"...cam bolts are 1/2".

Can't figure that one out!

Just curious as to what to expect.

Thanks Jim

Yes you should be able to get what you need with stock bushings. 9/16 must be that is where they get the extra 1*. Do you have power steering? 2*+ caster is fine. Without, you do not need that much. Hope this helps Don

I have 5 degrees caster now, orignially used the 74 ucl's and could get 2 degrees. I didn't like the way it drove so I replaced the control arms with adjustable ones. It drives much better now, it has power steering.

this may help

alignment chart.jpg

I have a 63 Dart.
Reilly Motorsports tubular UCS's
77 Plymouth Volare spindles
205-60-15 tires on 5th Ave steelies
My settings (daily driver)
Camber -1.0
Caster L 5.5 R 6.0
Toe 1/8"
Front about 1/8" off the bump stops
Handles real well with no abnormal tire wear.

If you are not riding at "stock" height, your adjustment greatly decreases.
I think the tubular UCS's are worth every penny on a daily driver.

TopHat

I do have power steering. It will be at stock height as a minimum. I might even go level, which should give me a bit more caster. I don't think I want more than 3* for the street. The PS will absorb a lot of the steering wheel centering forces, but I would think it would also put unecessary strain on the PS box.

Thanks for your input

Jim

-
Back