alignment wrong?

-
Broken or shifted belts account for 95% of vehicle pull or drift today...I never attended a trade school....just the school of hard knocks with over 3,700 completed alignments since 1998.

Could broken shifted belts cause it to ride rough? It doesn't seem to pull but does tend to drift to the left slightly. I only have a month left in this cruising season, so I plan on driving cautiously (the group I cruise with mainly cruises back road and runs around 55mph and spreads out so we don't block traffic) and get new tires this winter/next spring, and will get it realigned(at a different shop). OK this one may sounds nuts and might not mean anything, but I swear when I spin the passenger side front wheel it sounds like there is a handful of bb's in the tires.

OK this one may sounds nuts and might not mean anything, but I swear when I spin the passenger side front wheel it sounds like there is a handful of bb's in the tires.

Yep,, you're close,.. some tires have a "wax" preservative on the inside, that flakes off,. or at one time the tire may have been run when soft/flat,, and flexed enuff to get hot and shed some rubber inside,, these pieces of wax/rubber get tumbled inside the tire till round,, so you're pretty close.. good for you..

Broken or shifted belts account for 95% of vehicle pull or drift today...I never attended a trade school....just the school of hard knocks with over 3,700 completed alignments since 1998.

Good for you. Auto school got me nothing but a tire changing job which I quit.

Spending money for an alignment is a total waste if the not all the steering and suspensionparts aren't in as good as new condition.

You can have perfect alignment numbers all day but if for instance your idler arm bushing is mushy, the car won't steer tight or make the car pull.
I've seen a lot of cars where owners all think it's in a perfect condition, while the suspension hasn't been serviced on for over 10 years.

Guys. On the skosh charts, is this total or per side? I'm at the alignment shop now
Thanks

Guys. On the skosh charts, is this total or per side? I'm at the alignment shop now
Thanks

What? Toe? Toe is between the two tires, or "total" if you want to look at it that way. That's inches not degrees.

My money is on the 19 year old tires...as in broken or shifted belts

You change the alignment on them after 19 years, no wonder they are scuffing.

But I didn't like the numbers, either. That chart that was posted is a good starting point.

-
Back