All cylinders filling with water

-
Torqued at 110 using the same sequence I posted earlier. And yes that 110 is bear to avhieve. But I did it. Where was my 6' 10", 300 pound son when I needed him....LOL

Took the heads to the machine shop this morning. They are not warped. All the valves were removed and everything looks great. The dowels were fine, plenty of room for them to fit into head. Put the heads on without the head gasket in place and I could not get a .013 feeler gauge in anywhere on either head. At this point I have cleaned up as much coffee creamer out of the engine as I can. We will be reinstalling everything tomorrow. New head gaskets and all.

A .013 feeler gauge? I should hope not - that's 13 thou..... You should not be able to get a .001 or .002 in there. If you did check with .013 you didn't really check anything, IMO

Also, IMO, the problem has to be related to the headgasket sealing - improperly installed or not properly clamped up on, or uneven or badly machined deck surfaces on the block.

Also, IMO, the problem has to be related to the headgasket sealing - improperly installed or not properly clamped up on, or uneven or badly machined deck surfaces on the block.

That's where I'm at on it too. No sealant on the wet holes, different torquing order than the norm.

Call me crazy.

Look carefully at the piston tops and head combustion chambers for contact marks.If block is zero decked maybe pistons are lifting the heads.

Look carefully at the piston tops and head combustion chambers for contact marks.If block is zero decked maybe pistons are lifting the heads.
This was checked with putty on the initial installation. The clearance was fine. And yes the putty was removed.

MLS type gaskets do not compress to seal any fine tool marks left when the block is decked and the heads are resufaced. A regular composite type gasket will seal when assembled dry but unless the surfaces are machined very smooth a mls needs help with the high tack or copper coat.

I use a vacum cooling system fill tool as well. So I know before a drop of water is added if the system is sealed.

OK the suspense is killing me - IS THIS FIXED? and if so what was the issue? I'm running out of popcorn

Heater hose connected to manifold vacuum port?

I hear ya! That's why I posted that I keep thinking it's something super obvious or massive. If he pulled the spark plugs, cranked it and water blasted out on multiple cylinders......that's massive and in-yer-face leakage....not to mention it's in the crankcase too!!

Cudavert's laying his money on cracked block, weirdness with the intake or something insane like that heater hose deal. Just doubt that head studs could do it, because he would've had that 12:1 compression blasting out between the heads/deck. I don't think he answered if he saw coolant in the intake or intake ports.

*Suspense* :-\"

I blew head gaskets when I first started my motor.. Filled all 8 cylinders.. Installed cosmetic head gaskets with copper coating sprayed on them. No problem ever since.

I hear ya! That's why I posted that I keep thinking it's something super obvious or massive. If he pulled the spark plugs, cranked it and water blasted out on multiple cylinders......that's massive and in-yer-face leakage....not to mention it's in the crankcase too!!

Cudavert's laying his money on cracked block, weirdness with the intake or something insane like that heater hose deal. Just doubt that head studs could do it, because he would've had that 12:1 compression blasting out between the heads/deck. I don't think he answered if he saw coolant in the intake or intake ports.

*Suspense* :-\"
No water in the intake

I blew head gaskets when I first started my motor.. Filled all 8 cylinders.. Installed cosmetic head gaskets with copper coating sprayed on them. No problem ever since.
That makes me feel better, knowing the head gaskets solved your problem. I will be pressure testing everything once it is all back together.

Do you know how odd it is to blow both head gaskets and break the fire ring on all 8 cylinders?? Like Guinness book of world record setting 1 in 1 billion chance of it ever happening.

You guys are pulling stuff out your asses reaching for an answer on what actually happened to your engines on assembly. Neither of you "Blew your Head Gaskets" I guaranty it.

Do you know how odd it is to blow both head gaskets and break the fire ring on all 8 cylinders?? Like Guinness book of world record setting 1 in 1 billion chance of it ever happening.

You guys are pulling stuff out your asses reaching for an answer on what actually happened to your engines on assembly. Neither of you "Blew your Head Gaskets" I guaranty it.
I`ll take 1 in 1 Billion at this point

Really not even one pic . This thread is worthless . I want to see these gaskets . I'm thanking they are like the magic bullet ! Like to see the matting surfaces . I'm thanking you had the water hose in the carb and not the radiator .

I gotta go with Mad Dart on this one.Holy Smoke-all 8 full,wow that is some kind of law of averages!!!!

Really not even one pic . This thread is worthless . I want to see these gaskets . I'm thanking they are like the magic bullet ! Like to see the matting surfaces . I'm thanking you had the water hose in the carb and not the radiator .

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!.....hey, 1 one-in-a-billion chance is as good as the next! I'm just waiting for it to go back together and be perfect and then we'll never know!

whatever the problem was....I sincerely hope you got it fixed and come over to vegas for MATS...

Really not even one pic . This thread is worthless . I want to see these gaskets . I'm thanking they are like the magic bullet !

They ran off from the Grassy Knoll.

The head gaskets would tell a BUNCH. If a good machinist saw them, he would be able to check them visually, maybe measuring, and conclude easily if they were an issue.

I too, hope you get it fixed.

-
Back