All cylinders filling with water

-
Well, I hope you can track it down. Sucks to have a cracked head... I've ported through ones with money in them...lol. It sucks.

what heads are on this engine? I still think theres somthing wrong with the heads....he has the same symptoms as I did when the machine shop bored to deep for the harden'd valve seats,and ruined my heads. I'd be looking very closely at the heads, and removing some valves to take a look. I'm not buying the head clamping issue....it would be leaking water down the outside of the block, I would think.
my own quote from a couple days ago..." I still think there's somthing wrong with the heads..."

New stuff,for him.Stuff does happen. Hopefully,he sorts ,it out.....

I'm done. need to start over, from the crank, up ! if this is a race motor, the damage is done. you have a freaky thing going on. I have built many motors, some questionable, never had a problem like yours. don't think many have!
good luck and magnaflux

First off let me assure you this is not a joke.

Going in through the intake with the camera this is what we found.

When I pressurized the cooling system, we could see water spraying out from around the intake valve guide on the #2 cylinder. Not trickling, SPRAYING. All the other cylinders are dry. So tomorrow morning I will be pulling the heads and having the guides all checked and repaired if possible. If it it not repairable I will purchase a different set of heads.

Why are you pulling both heads? If you can't see a leak after you preasure tested it leave that one on for now. Have the bad head checked.

A River Runs Through It. :glasses7:

Attachments

• intake.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 405
:lurk: Lurking in the background here, watching :happy1: and waiting to hear the cause. Just glad it's not me. Sorry, good luck.

I did all 8 at once in one pass with an over driven Super Charger.

Do you know how odd it is to blow both head gaskets and break the fire ring on all 8 cylinders?? Like Guinness book of world record setting 1 in 1 billion chance of it ever happening.

You guys are pulling stuff out your asses reaching for an answer on what actually happened to your engines on assembly. Neither of you "Blew your Head Gaskets" I guaranty it.

This may be off subject, I helped a young man that had similar problem, water in cylinders. He went out of his way to connect a heater hose to the carb bowl vent. It worked well to flood the intake and cylinders.

I would look for another Machinist. The first and last thing done to a head is pressure testing. Toss those heads in the garbage they are not worth the effort. I think I read in this post about solids on a hyd. cam. Could the valve springs be coil binding or the retainers hitting the guides. Who's idea was that? You are asking for trouble when you mix components that don't belong together

I did all 8 at once in one pass with an over driven Super Charger.

Yeah I can understand that one cause you lifted the heads.

On this one blowing all 8 fire rings at cam break in at no more than 2500RPM? Makes absolutely no sense. The engine only ran for a couple minutes if that.

Like I stated way earlier in this thread........ Find a new machinist!

Wanna hear something scary? I worked on a Detroit Diesel that had water going into the cylinders. Fixed that problem, then saw that the engine had a very slight shake to it afterwards. Nobody could figure out why.....then finally, after more checks, it was found that one of the connecting rods got very slightly bent and the piston was not coming up fully to the top of the cylinder.

It was "in the hole" just a bit, and the others were coming all the way up. It's worth a check if you have the heads off.

Wanna hear something scary? I worked on a Detroit Diesel that had water going into the cylinders. Fixed that problem, then saw that the engine had a very slight shake to it afterwards. Nobody could figure out why.....then finally, after more checks, it was found that one of the connecting rods got very slightly bent and the piston was not coming up fully to the top of the cylinder.

It was "in the hole" just a bit, and the others were coming all the way up. It's worth a check if you have the heads off.

Yes, this can happen anytime water enters a cylinder on an intake stroke. Water, like oil will not compress. Something else has to. Bearings will crush, connecting rods will twist or pistons will break.

Yes, this can happen anytime water enters a cylinder on an intake stroke. Water, like oil will not compress. Something else has to. Bearings will crush, connecting rods will twist or pistons will break.
I will check on this, Thanks for the info.

-
Back