Alloy heads

-
My panties ain't wadded. It gets plain stupid to repeat a known error over and over and over.

You can believe what you want. But if you stand by your above stamens you are wrong. If you came to me to build an engine and you were going to make me build off your theory I'd show you the door.

I was over pleasing the customer in 1988.

Not pointing a finger at you brother, but if the shoe fits. There's plenty of blame to go around.

It just seems like some are feeling 'Butt Hurt'!

Salute! :usflag:

Not pointing a finger at you brother, but if the shoe fits. There's plenty of blame to go around.

It just seems like some are feeling 'Butt Hurt'!

Salute! :usflag:

WTF are you talking abou? Blame to go around for what? It's a disagreement among MEN. If that bothers you, there is a golf course near you. Give that a try.

WTF are you talking abou? Blame to go around for what? It's a disagreement among MEN. If that bothers you, there is a golf course near you. Give that a try.

I love playing golf, I find it very difficult actually. Dont get out much though, once a year. J.Rob

Well that escalated quickly!

Hold on turbo, take a step back and breathe.
Nobody is trying to take your manhood, all that is being said is that this thread is turning into a 'he said, she said' and could use a break.

Go 'Navy! Beat Army! :usflag:

To show you that I can be a good sport with your sarcasm, here is a pic of how I spend my afternoons when the courses won't allow us on the greens due to weather.

That's a chipping mat on my back patio in case you don't recognize it.

IMG_0487.JPG

He everyones right about something
YR when he talks about combustion chamber and spark plug location (and quench and piston etc)
Easy test- how much advance required
Magnum and late LA motors are way better than early Iron (IDK about closed chamber 273)
even EArly LA iron with high quench pistons
I've got lots of dyno time on those early heads many years ago
new heads are much better
now al vs Detroit wonder metal- it's all in the details of the build
you can always build something that will detonate and detonation will kill any build

To show you that I can be a good sport with your sarcasm, here is a pic of how I spend my afternoons when the courses won't allow us on the greens due to weather.

That's a chipping mat on my back patio in case you don't recognize it.

View attachment 1715437849
Jealous. They’ve closed all the courses and ranges around here until April or so. I don’t have enough room to do anything to keep in decent form so spring is a rude awakening

I have no gun in this fight, but have my ear to the ground.
Vary educational.
Thanks to you all.

Only foolish for you.

As I WONT let head material dictate compression ratio.

Maybe not , but I will , I know an 18 time national record holder that suggested alum. for the ex hot chevies I had ----------because of the compression.
I have seen the proof of his work ,and have ran known him since I was 15 yrs. old . NUFF SAID .

The funny thing is, that I believe that the smart people on both sides of this discussion are correct.

As a purely technical question there really can’t be an argument against the ability of aluminum to conduct heat more than cast iron.

Build me two sets of heads. IDENTICAL in every aspect but the material they are made out of. Build a short block, it doesn’t really matter how it’s built. Run it with each set and measure the chamber temperature/pressure.

Two questions, does anyone really think the aluminum head will have a higher peak temp/pressure? No.

Is it a fair comparison if we allow 5-6 different variables into the question? No.

The science is indisputable, but we live in the real world where manufactures don’t make IDENTICAL parts in different materials. Does aluminum transfer heat faster? absolutely, are there a multitude of things that matter more? Absolutely.

What matters to me is whether the heads are reliable, and offer at least equivalent performance to mild ported and milled heads that I have. It also matters that I can run the full ancillary system. My car has H51 option and I need the heads drilled and tapped on the front to mount the ancillaries.

The exhaust manifold issue should be one for you with steering column on the right side. Alternator alignment can take a little figuring. Usually a little longer belt takes care of it.

The exhaust manifold issue should be one for you with steering column on the right side. Alternator alignment can take a little figuring. Usually a little longer belt takes care of it.

Oh mate, you don't know the half of it. I have rack and pinion power steering and a 5 speed manual box to contend with. Exhaust manifold plumbing is "custom"

-
Back