**Almost Died Today, No Joke**

-

Mad Dart

Nothing to see Here!
Reaction score
My 17 year old daughter went for a walk to day with one of our dogs. She was gone for longer than normal and our other Dog was looking sad so I said to her you wanna go for a walk..... well of course she does. So I head out on the road letting her sniff around and all that stuff. I call my daughter and she is around the corner so we walk and go meet up with her and our other dog.

Walking back it started to rain a bit, this is right down the street from our house maybe 2 football fields. I had my jacket on and the hood pulled over my head. All of a sudden I hear the mash of someones gas pedal just after we got over the crest of the hill, maybe 200 feet or so. I turn around and this a..hole that lives around the corner is speeding right at us at about 70 MPH, it is a 30MPH speed limit. I see the front of the truck come over the crest about 150' from us so I raise my arms to let him know we are there. He did not see us at all until he was about 25' from us. He swerves sideways almost takes out the neighbors mail box and his front gate......... This is the closest I have ever been to getting hit by a car at a high rate of speed. My daughter was crying and very upset...........

YES, I went home got in my car and went to his house..... Pretty pissed off. This is the neighbor that always flys by my house at about 70 MPH, no joke. His truck is usually parked on the driveway and it was in the garage. Everyone here has 2.5 or 5 acres so the homes are spread apart pretty good. He answers the door and shuts it behind him and says can I help you? I almost just Cold Cocked him, he had obviously been drinking..... I let him have a verbal lashing, I could smell the booze on him. He didn't remember his car going sideways and he said he just moved over and that he did see me. Bullchittttttt, no he did not! I told him if he ever speeds down my street again I am going to throw a Brick thru his windshield and beat his azzzzz to a pulp. I usually don't get that upset but when someone messes with my Family and almost Kills them along with my Dogs, then Denies it....... Ughhhhhh

Lucky I kept some what cool,,,,, Yeah Right..... But did not go to Jail Today.

Glad you and the family are safe.
I would have Cold Cocked the prick without a doubt and I am not a violent person. Take a video of him driving that way and file a police report.

This is gonna sound harsh but IF he didn't come into your yard and almost hit you in the grass, then it's your fault. Streets are meant for cars. Yes. Cars. not people, dogs, kids, baby carriages, cats etc. Drunken asshole maybe but I'll say it once more, Streets are meant for cars.

If Some poor guy driving along hits a dog in the street, his car is damaged, He now feels bad for the poor little kid who lost his pet. His day is all effed up because some irresponsible tool let their dog in the street. Get over it. Sorry but just my 2 cents.

This is gonna sound harsh but IF he didn't come into your yard and almost hit you in the grass, then it's your fault. Streets are meant for cars. Yes. Cars. not people, dogs, kids, baby carriages, cats etc. Drunken asshole maybe but I'll say it once more, Streets are meant for cars.

If Some poor guy driving along hits a dog in the street, his car is damaged, He now feels bad for the poor little kid who lost his pet. His day is all effed up because some irresponsible tool let their dog in the street. Get over it. Sorry but just my 2 cents.

I live RURAL, there are No Sidewalks and it is a PRIVATE STREET!

Drinking and Driving is against the law. Bottom line. Call the law on his ***. With you and your daughter as witnesses, you may not get any charges to stick on this a hole but at the very LEAST you can make the law aware of him and they can be on the lookout and may catch him in the act in the future.

Well keep playing in the street and when the inevitable happens, we can all debate whether streets are for people or not. Just Sayin'

Drinking and Driving is against the law. Bottom line. Call the law on his ***. With you and your daughter as witnesses, you may not get any charges to stick on this a hole but at the very LEAST you can make the law aware of him and they can be on the lookout and may catch him in the act in the future.

So is driving 70MPH in a 30MPH zone.

Well keep playing in the street and when the inevitable happens, we can all debate whether streets are for people or not. Just Sayin'

I hear you but you are trippin, if you seen where I live you would know what I am talking about.

Think Im gunna go back and Cold **** his *** because of you!:finga:

I hear you but you are trippin, if you seen where I live you would know what I am talking about.

X2 on the first sentence. Let us know how it works out on the second sentence. If he comes out and shuts the door again there will be no witnesses but just in case I will put in $25.00 on the bail via PayPal.

I have that same type of no sidewalks and bar ditches around my area. You either walk in the street or not at all.

I live in the same type of area and everyone does 70 in a 35. They make me angry enough to knock their dicks in the dirt. But I would be scared to death to try to walk up & down the street. I wish the Cops would sit there and hand out tickets. Animals don't stand a chance against them yet my neighbors continue to let them play in the street. Then they write letters to the paper how some crazy driver killed their beloved pet.

Clearly the guy is a butt hole. But, Streets are for .....Don't make me say it again.

Wow what an azz. Ranks right up there with thieves..Im real glad your O.K and your daughter will be allright eventually.

Follow up on your visit and try to catch him when he is sober. Beat him a bit so he remembers while he is sober. Alcohol will dull the pain of any beating.

I grew up in a very rural part of the county I grew up in and we always walked on the road whether it was paved or not and walked opposite on the opposite side of the road.

It still doesn't give the driver of the pick up the right a way, pedestrians have that. If you have people speeding up and down your road then take video's and get tag numbers make 2 copies ond for the Sheriff dept and one for the State Police.

I busted up when I saw that.:D

Sorry I interupted.

You are a better man than me.. I would be pleading on here for bail money. No ifs or buts about it.

I've done it before, and I'll do it again.

Grant

I have sad news for ya. Just because something is "in the street" does NOT give anyone the "right" to run over it

DUI and speeding or other violations of traffic laws negate ANY rights the driver might have had if the object or person he hit was "in the wrong."

Additionally THERE ARE provisions in the law for walking on a roadway when no sidewalks are present.

I suggest you find a lawyer, and retain him. With your attitude, you are gonna need one.

Maybe chambering a round into a Remington 870 will get his attention.

Think my tolerance is a little low? I guess you've never spent six days at your child's bedside in an ICU because a Dominos Pizza delivery driver thought it OK to drink beer on the job, and not only forgot to turn his lights on after a delivery and was speeding, but tried to pass your kid on the left as she was making a left hand turn.

I have sad news for ya. Just because something is "in the street" does NOT give anyone the "right" to run over it

DUI and speeding or other violations of traffic laws negate ANY rights the driver might have had if the object or person he hit was "in the wrong."

Additionally THERE ARE provisions in the law for walking on a roadway when no sidewalks are present.

I suggest you find a lawyer, and retain him. With your attitude, you are gonna need one.

Agree 1000%!! I wouldnt wait for the next time, I would be making a call to the cops now! Glad you and the daughter are alright. Maybe good will come of it and your daughter will realize how quick things can turn bad! If you do a video, post it on here and youtube

What planet do you live on?? Pedestrians have the right of way......There is not a sidewalk within 30 miles of my place....so going by what you are saying if someone were to get mowed down the vehicle is not at fault??

Wow, this guy must be having a bad day cause I can't imagine anyone being this big of a Asshole

-
Back