Almost got what I wanted.

-

viperredduster

Reaction score
Ran the car at cruisin the coast this weekend. It picked up pretty good. Ran a 12.010 @ 112 on foot brake off idle. I was happy but never got it in the 11s I know it has it in it. I was just glad to outrun most of the ls1 crap there. I hate hearing about how good they are.

I hear ya,my car runs 11.01@121mph 1.52 60fts...almost the 10.99 I,ve sought after all summer.Oh well maybe next year.Good luck with your attempt to get in the 11,s.

More cam will get you there,my set up is similar to yours but i run the Lunati .533/.552 voodoo cam my best is 11.86@112.....

In my other car I ran a 12.07@112 with a 1.61 60 foot. You have enough power, work on the launch.

Thanks guys I know it has it in it. It did run a 1.65 60' leavin at 2500 off the brake but the guy I was racing got all sideways and stuff so I short shifted and it still ran a 12.016 at 111. I know I need more cam and the heads could use some work. Well eventually I would like to boost it so I want to wait and make sure everything will work together.

There was alot of fine machinery at the coast, and your right on the glut of LS1's. Seemed like all the Ford kit cars had them along with the 55 Chebs...sure was a good time...

There was alot of fine machinery at the coast, and your right on the glut of LS1's. Seemed like all the Ford kit cars had them along with the 55 Chebs...sure was a good time...

Yeah I had a great time. Only if there was a stronger group of mopars down there. At least it's always fun to mess with vettes and stangs.

I just want to ad that is the BADDDDDEST looking Duster I have ever seen! I'm no pic collector, but I do have a couple of your car in my gallery.

That 11.90 is out there, I'm sure...

DAMN! I have Duster-envy...

I just want to ad that is the BADDDDDEST looking Duster I have ever seen! I'm no pic collector, but I do have a couple of your car in my gallery.

That 11.90 is out there, I'm sure...

DAMN! I have Duster-envy...

Thanks man I really appreciate it. I love the way the stance is now. I have a few pics from the coast I will put up. I have a neat one of mine beside a black one with red stripes.

Come on now why you not take the A. They were few and far between. I needed some support since nobody knew what it was.

The rotissiere doesn't roll well enough...hopin to take the Dart down next year. I only saw one other 65 Dart in the 2 weeks I was there. Did you go to the killer mopar gathering at Long Beach on Thursday? There were quite a few nice A's there. But you are right there wasn't an over abundance of them anywhere.

The rotissiere doesn't roll well enough...hopin to take the Dart down next year. I only saw one other 65 Dart in the 2 weeks I was there. Did you go to the killer mopar gathering at Long Beach on Thursday? There were quite a few nice A's there. But you are right there wasn't an over abundance of them anywhere.

Dang that's a serious build using one of those ha. And no I didnt get down til Friday around 3 and we just cruised for a bit and then went straight to the track. I saw another duster at the track but it was SLOW...

Just read this sorry, but you should be able to get to 11.8 I looked at other cars that run that mph and they range from 12.00 to 11.8. You should be able to get there as I have a similar setup, but Im hoping for 11.8- 11.5 I will be happy with 112-116mph. I have the RHS heads which flow better than your eddys but urs are lighter. I also have a xs282 cam with more lift. I think you need a more modern cam maybe like mine or a Hughes. Ask IMM he knows alot and can help you port your heads if you want to.

Thanks man I know I need a cam swap but I really want 10s if I do anything. I will prob get the heads done to the max and get a cam to match. Also I predict a 4.00 inch crank in my future. STROKER!

Congrats oh ya 11s are in your near future. I own a LS1 also and there are a few around here that run pretty dam good. 8s to 10s in the 1/4 and there daily driven.

You'll get there..and running the Edelbrocks too...:thumblef::thumblef:

Thanks man I know I need a cam swap but I really want 10s if I do anything. I will prob get the heads done to the max and get a cam to match. Also I predict a 4.00 inch crank in my future. STROKER!

Ya friend built a 410 stroker, but with ported RHS heads and a 4 speed lol. He wants to drive it mostly on the street. The stroker kit will get you there with porting of the eddys also. I will be happy with mid 2 low 11's.

Congrats oh ya 11s are in your near future. I own a LS1 also and there are a few around here that run pretty dam good. 8s to 10s in the 1/4 and there daily driven.

Dam 8 second daily drivers, thats pretty rare! Thats pretty crazy, but I guess I am a motor only kinda guy. I hear those motors love the spray. And I really havent been impressed that much by them over the new hemis or even the older V8s performance wise.

If you need a cam, talk to Brian at IMM. He spec'd a cam for my budget junkyard setup and he definately knows his stuff! His prices are awesome as well!

Dam 8 second daily drivers, thats pretty rare! Thats pretty crazy, but I guess I am a motor only kinda guy. I hear those motors love the spray. And I really havent been impressed that much by them over the new hemis or even the older V8s performance wise.

Ya its crazy.Ya the LS1 do love the spray. But how many bone stock cars out there that run 12.7s-13.1s in the 1/4. Thats what LS1s run stock. I know the older cars might of ran high 13s low 14s. I'am a mopar guy to and I'am building a 10s street car 73 duster..

Ya its crazy.Ya the LS1 do love the spray. But how many bone stock cars out there that run 12.7s-13.1s in the 1/4. Thats what LS1s run stock. I know the older cars might of ran high 13s low 14s. I'am a mopar guy to and I'am building a 10s street car 73 duster..

Cool I took out a Ls1 when I had stock magnum headed 360 and xe274 :)

I know of one personally that has an intake, exhaust, converter, gears and tires that ran 12.80s. Thats far from stock. Hell my mostly stock 360 will run an 11.99 or a 10.99 on spray.

Cam only 5.7 hemi will make 500hp. RIP LS1

-
Back